IGNORED

Atari compatible hardware eclaireXL, in mini form.

santosp

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I worked on my Eclaire XL. Finally got my keyboard labeled. Still need to figure out how to label Cold Start, quick select, system menu and freezer, but the rest worked out real nice. Also upgraded to a 5V 3A PSU. Was having issues with the Velocifire keyboard. Seems to have fixed that issue. Also finally got around to using BOB TERM with my wimodem232.

IMG_20200314_190201794.jpg

IMG_20200314_190221938.jpg

IMG_20200314_191452137.jpg

Edited by NISMOPC
  • Like 4

Just now, P1r said:

I have bought some silver self-adhesives actually ... ? I have yet to try using them but I can give it a go and see how they turn out.

Oh, right. There's a reason I haven't printed them yet. I have yet to get my hands on a case so I don't have the exact measures. Let me know how big they should be!

28 minutes ago, P1r said:

Oh, right. There's a reason I haven't printed them yet. I have yet to get my hands on a case so I don't have the exact measures. Let me know how big they should be!

I'll take a look at my case tonight and guestimate a size lol

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

Is anyone else having issues with a humming on the audio?

I have very weird noises when the Éclaire is connected to my Yamaha AVR via HDMI, but it works fine with my TV. Analog audio works well with the Yamaha.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, santosp said:

Unfortunately no for two reasons. First I need at least 10 interested members to start making and second no more SIO male connectors available anywhere. 

I think we could probably get 10 more people interested, how about using a different connector like a db25? Or leaving the SIO unpopulated with the caveat the buyer has to supply their own?

Edited by orpheuswaking
  • Like 1

Just now, orpheuswaking said:

I think we could probably get 10 more people interested, how about using a different connector like a db25?

I think that the users need the original SIO connector as to connect their Atari peripherals.

15 minutes ago, santosp said:

I think that the users need the original SIO connector as to connect their Atari peripherals.

Agreed, but it's been done before with other projects, obviously though a custom cable would be required. Just trying to think outside the box for those interested parties. 

• Like 1

Didn’t Steve at AtariMax make some of his own sio male sockets? I seem to remember reading that somewhere and also the sio2pc I bought from his has a white one.

I just dropped him an email to find out and see if he can sell me a few hundred if so...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, foft said:

I just dropped him an email to find out and see if he can sell me a few hundred if so...

8$ per piece for an order of 100 pieces required! Also if I remeber right these have some imperfection at pin end to weld. They need some extra work I think?!

Edited by santosp
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, santosp said:

Unfortunately no for two reasons. First I need at least 10 interested members to start making and second no more SIO male connectors available anywhere. 

I have started but not finished a SIO receptacle design that can be 3D printed and assembled by hand. It's very early design and has not been tested physically. The cost and labor may or may not be better than what you will pay for a real part. One would need the 13 SIO pins, a pcb, 13 header pins and the 3D printed plastics. Just throwing this out here ? Here is a render of the idea:

SIO-Receptacle-1.png.2dd00dfd5e868512cdcd6898840c5f06.png

• Like 7