IGNORED

Altirra 3.10 released

phaeron

Thanks for the new release.

One feature request: Could you please add a keyboard shortcut for muting sound?

P.S.: I know this is low priority, but I just wish you used the updated app icon that I had sent you over a year ago :-)

This already exists:

1. Tools -> Keyboard Shortcuts
  2. Select Audio.ToggleMute from the Available commands list
  3. Click on the text input box above the "Key up" box
  4. Press the key that you want to bind (for example I use Page Down)
  5. Click on Add
  • Like 1

I'm seeing RS232.COM on SDX 4.49c fail to load in Altirra 3.10 with an 850 connected, but the RS232 handler will bootstrap everywhere else... Is there a setting I need to flip to get SDX to play nice?

I looked into this, and the reason for this is interesting.

The root issue is that the $3F command for getting the high speed index for a drive overlaps with the polling command used by the 850. According to the 850 controller listing, the controller will only respond to this command once, so once this has been issued 26 times with AUX1=$00 or once with AUX1=$01, the 850 stops responding to the boot command. SpartaDOS X 4.20 doesn't seem to do this, only the 4.4x versions. I don't have a physical 850 to double-check against, though.

A question from an on-and-off Altirra user (I'm running Linux) to phaeron. Please excuse my hijacking of this thread:

Is there a way to increase the history size in the debugger "History" window? I didn't find a setting for that (but have to admit, I didn't look really *that* hard). I'm trying to debug a problem, but the "wrong" things happen way before the crash.

No, the CPU history buffer size is fixed. You can capture a much longer trace with the Performance Analyzer, though, which will then let you examine the history within a 400K instruction window at a time.

P.S.: I know this is low priority, but I just wish you used the updated app icon that I had sent you over a year ago :-)

Yeah, I know, sorry, haven't gotten around to looking at the icon. Visual Studio's icon editor is useless....

• Like 4

The icon is quite the same, I just fixed the hard-coded antialiasing, which looked ugly on dark backgrounds (now it uses proper alpha-channel), and added a subtle glow around the shape.

And yes, now you guys know I am the co-author of Altirra, but please direct your feature requests at phaeron, who is in charge of PR ;-)

I'm getting an access violation about half the time when starting the emulator on Windows 10 64-bit. This started happening the other day with one of the last 3.10 test builds, and I just updated to 3.20-test1 and the problem persists.

post-21964-0-27664200-1534798372.png

I'd attach the minidump file if I could find it, but it's nowhere to be found. Since this just started happening following an OS update, I'm wondering if that might be the cause.

That could work. But it is rather tedious when dealing with a larger library, names have to be re-typed and yet another file (with the header) needs to be created.

I was kind of hoping there'd be a tick box that says "Use recommended mapper." And apply it globally with no further user interaction.

Edited by Keatah