IGNORED

Altirra 3.10 released

phaeron

Hi Avery,

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/281825-altirra-310-released/?p=4097311

Perhaps you missed my second reply/remark.

When I start-up altirra its 7F, but later, when I use shift+F5 its FF

Grtz,

Sijmen.

Works for me.

Note that FDC status bit 7 is not universal for all drives. It is only valid for drives with certain floppy drive controllers and which have a drive latch hooked up, i.e. 1050 derivatives. 810 and XF551 drives do not.

Avery has looked in to this but there were problems, I don't know if any progress has happened apart from a unit has been recreated in the real world by others....

Just for info....

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267797-altirra-290-released/page-7?do=findComment&comment=3838999

• Like 1

Avery has looked in to this but there were problems, I don't know if any progress has happened apart from a unit has been recreated in the real world by others....

Just for info....

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267797-altirra-290-released/page-7?do=findComment&comment=3838999

Thanks for that information. Now it is possible to add to the Altirra emulator the option to load games from real cassette? As does the ZXspin emulator?

Edited by NSonic

Firstly neither I or anyone bar Avery can answer for him so who knows what options will be added to Altirra but although Avery has added far more tape items to Altirra than seemed likely I personally would doubt that being added. The reason I mainly think so is that Avery has went out of his way to add various emulated ways to load tapes as digital images, I doubt he would like to move it in to the real world considering his comments in the past regarding tape usage..

I don't even know if there's an interface to allow tapes directly from an Atari cassette unit to attach to any emulator or sampling software actually out there....If there is then great..Not really my sort of thing

Also from what little technical knowledge I have I would imagine syncing all this up to a complex (unit based?) emulation engine would not be very fun and take a lot of time and break stuff on the way..

Best advice, don't hold your breath waiting for such things...If Avery is / was interested he would most likely say..

The INJEKTOR loader would be tough.

If it is to be ever implemented, we would need at least full schematic of the INJEKTOR circuit, or very detailed explanation on how it works. Altirra would have to emulate the extra circuitry in the data recorder that comes with INJEKTOR.

A video of the loader is not enough. From what I have seen at atariware.cl, even enhancements of the POKEY and PIA emulation might be needed.

I know Avery likes a challenge but that's a big ask to do all that just (and I know you love your tapes Baktra) for a tape loader that isn't overly known..

At least Avery has a more detail source to look at thanks to you..I think the original request maker confuses (and its so easy to do so no gripes at him) with soldering a few wires and adjusting the code of an emulator even its its all module based..

BUT, Avery is known for throwing a huge curve ball on what you are least expecting so who knows, only him...

Paul..

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.20-test2.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.20-test2-src.zip

• Breaking change: Debugger scripts (*.atdbg) are no longer automatically loaded for images unless the debugger is enabled (/debug or via menu).
  • /portabletemp runs off an INI file but doesn't save any changes back to it, for testing.
  • Added support for ATX physical sector size tagging.
  • Fixed disk Not Ready status bit updating inconsistently in some cases.
  • Rotational delays are skipped for disk drives that have a ready signal -- 1050 emulated modes no longer have long delays reading from uninserted disks.
  • Fixed Not Ready being signaled for drives that don't support it (810).
  • Optimizations to ANTIC emulation and NTSC standard artifacting.
  • @(...) in debugger expressions evaluates the subexpression immediately. Example: bx pc=@(pc+100)
  • The .diskdumpsec debugger command now shows all physical sectors associated with the given virtual (logical) sector.
  • Added 'widescreen' overscan mode for the horizontal area commonly shown by modern widescreen LCDs. The visible area is 176 color clocks.
  • Added setting for scanline intensity.
  • Added intensity scale setting.

The intensity scale setting allows the entire display image to be easily scaled up or down without adjusting the rest of the controls. This could be done previously but required moving several controls in sync. The reason for this is to make it easier to darken the image produced by the emulator and turn up the physical monitor brightness for better color reproduction. This is especially useful when trying to match the colors from an 800, which naturally produces a dimmer and highly saturated image. Without this adjustment, the colors are warped due to hitting the limits of RGB space:

post-16457-0-77903000-1537063050.png

Turn the image down to 66%, and the purple turns to blue:

post-16457-0-84530600-1537063077.png

With regard to some requests:

• Netplay: Sorry, not currently interested. Networking code is a hassle and multiplayer has a lot of real-time synchronization problems that I'm not wanting to deal with right now.
  • Injektor: Not enough information about the hardware. The difficulty is that there is no schematic for the hardware and it is somehow able to read both FSK and Manchester encoding without having a signal from the computer to switch.
  • Live tape: Sorry, pass. Pre-recording the audio is a much better idea, and on top of that the Atari is able to stop and start the tape by computer control, which the emulator would not be able to do with a tape player connected to line-in. The emulator does support loading WAV files directly as tapes.

• Like 12

The intensity is a brill addition...Well it all is but being honest I probably would not spot what the other things are doing bar maybe the artifacting....Top update..(as always)..

Thank you...From all that love Altirra...

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

• Netplay: Sorry, not currently interested. Networking code is a hassle and multiplayer has a lot of real-time synchronization problems that I'm not wanting to deal with right now.
  • Injektor: Not enough information about the hardware. The difficulty is that there is no schematic for the hardware and it is somehow able to read both FSK and Manchester encoding without having a signal from the computer to switch.
  • Live tape: Sorry, pass. Pre-recording the audio is a much better idea, and on top of that the Atari is able to stop and start the tape by computer control, which the emulator would not be able to do with a tape player connected to line-in. The emulator does support loading WAV files directly as tapes.

What about Atari 8-bit Printer Support to PDF? So, you can take the input of different types of native Atari printers and others such as Dot Matrix and print them on to PDF files so we can print them out on today's printers. Also output of ATASCI would be awesome too for dot matrix printers and other printers with graphic support.

Edited by Docwiz

Is there any possibility of wrapping the memory window back to $0000 in 6502 mode? The segment numbers knock the alignment out:

post-21964-0-56252500-1537378606.png

In 65C816 mode, perhaps the base segment could be labelled 00 to keep things lined up? Hardly a big deal, anyway, but something I just noticed with a recent test build.

• Like 3

is Altirra BASIC v1.44 still the newest? For some reason I can never find the latest release whenever I check for a new one, although I am absolutely sure it is staring me in the face!!!

You can use Tools> Export ROM Set> to get the Altirra BASIC Rom. Then you can drag and drop it to the Altirra window to boot it. When the emulated machine starts it will show the version and drop you into BASIC.

You can also configure the emulated system to start straight away into BASIC - using either an external ROM or the built-in Altirra BASIC.

The latest version of Altirra Basic I have is V1.55 - though I would not be surprised if there are already newer versions...

and

You can use Tools> Export ROM Set> to get the Altirra BASIC Rom. Then you can drag and drop it to the Altirra window to boot it. When the emulated machine starts it will show the version and drop you into BASIC.

You can also configure the emulated system to start straight away into BASIC - using either an external ROM or the built-in Altirra BASIC.

Many thanks indeed guys!!! It looks like I need to update my U1MB!

In regards getting at the Altirra BASIC ROM, that is pretty much what I was wondering. I have been away from the A8 so long, especially as emulated that I am a bit out of touch. Exporting the ROM image seems like a way to reliably get hold of the newest whenever a new iteration Altirra appears. I guess Phaeron no longer offers it as a separate file from the get go?

is Altirra BASIC v1.44 still the newest? For some reason I can never find the latest release whenever I check for a new one, although I am absolutely sure it is staring me in the face!!!

The additions.atr shipped with the test versions has the executable file. Just load the atr and copy to where ever you want to store it..