IGNORED

Altirra 3.10 released

phaeron

Works here as a CLOAD with B version Basic, C would not have been out when the 800 was released, will try C just incase...

CLOAD, remember basic on the 800 setting is an attach special cart / Basic as it was not built in, may be the cause of the 143

C also seemed to work, CLOAD, mini load happens, RUN, message to run game when loaded and run and it works. Having autoboot tapes on when they are BASIC ones isn't great, just hit reset to get to basic and load that way or turn Autoboot tapes off for BASIC ones..

Edited by Mclaneinc

I did two input maps bound to separate xbox controllers. Attached you can see both input maps.

I first tried it, but as you described i can not use flag1 on both controllers, so i did use flag1 for controller1 and flag2 for controller2....that is ok.

But as you can see, i trigger the input state of controller1 by "Left trigger pressed" and the input state of controller2 by "Right trigger pressed". I would like it to work on both controllers the same, "Left trigger pressed".....and this did not work.

Nice catch, try this version:

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.20-test20.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.20-test20-src.zip

There was a bug where the Input State controllers were being merged between the input maps. That's wrong since the Input State controllers target per-map flags. These are now excluded from merging.

I'm seeing some weird behavior with a CAS file on Altirra 3.10 and 3.20-test19. If I boot 800, OS-B, BASIC RevC using "authentic" mode settings and try to CLOAD the tape, I get an ERROR 143. However, if I turn ON C: acceleration, the CAS file loads properly.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Are you by chance using PAL? OS-B can't read tapes properly in PAL, its baud rate measurement logic is hardcoded to 262 scanlines/frame. C: acceleration bypasses this because the emulator itself measures the sync mark and it can do so directly from the global cycle counter instead of having to compute from frames and ypos. The tape reads fine for me in NTSC but sometimes fails ERROR 143 in PAL.

• Like 3

Nice catch, try this version:

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.20-test20.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.20-test20-src.zip

There was a bug where the Input State controllers were being merged between the input maps. That's wrong since the Input State controllers target per-map flags. These are now excluded from merging.

Works perfectly, thanks!

Edited by Steel99

Are you by chance using PAL? OS-B can't read tapes properly in PAL, its baud rate measurement logic is hardcoded to 262 scanlines/frame. C: acceleration bypasses this because the emulator itself measures the sync mark and it can do so directly from the global cycle counter instead of having to compute from frames and ypos. The tape reads fine for me in NTSC but sometimes fails ERROR 143 in PAL.

I'm seeing the problem with NTSC. Strangely enough, when I try it in PAL mode it works fine...

Played around with the sys roms and it works fine in PAL using OS A PAL roms, bugs out on NTSC OS B roms, But works on PAL OSB roms..

Is this a UK version?

When the Emulator is set to NTSC mode then it needs the OS roms to match the country to work...Same in PAL, must match the OS country of origin..

As Phaeron said, hardcoded..

Lots of hacked OS roms out there as well, they say they are stanard dumps but are not.(probably hacked to reverse Basic hold down..etc..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Farb has a really weird problem. I have tested the files too (Telengard and Galaxy, Farb posted only Telengard here) and they work perfectly in my versions of Altirra (2.90 and 3.10). I tested them in the following configurations:

- XL/XE OS 64k, Basic Rev. C, PAL (C: acceleration on and off)

- XL/XE OS 64k, Basic Rev. C, NTSC (C: acceleration on and off)

- 800 OS-B (NTSC-patched) 48k, Basic Rev. C, PAL (C: acceleration on and off)

- 800 OS-B (NTSC-patched) 48k, Basic Rev. C, NTSC (C: acceleration on and off)

- 800 OS-B (NTSC-patched) 48k, Basic Rev. A, PAL (C: acceleration on and off)

- 800 OS-B (NTSC-patched) 48k, Basic Rev. A, NTSC (C: acceleration on and off)

I have sent Farb my rom-file of OS-B (NTSC-patched) but he still gets error 143 after the first loading block....

Both files are Avalon Hill games from 1982. As far as I know Avalon Hill did not publish specific PAL or NTSC games.

So I did not get any problems.... weird......

post-6711-0-96287800-1553948093.jpg

Edited by Fred_M

No idea as to why the issue for him Fred, as we see it does work as long as the settings are right....I tend to test with any false acceleration on just to make sure its as close to retail machine, it does sound like a mismatch of OS ROM vs Country of Origin of the machine, if I do that here either way around I get the 143..

I didn't test XL (I think) as 800 was the quoted problem.

Edited by Mclaneinc

It is a very strange issue.

The OS-B ROM I'm testing with has a CRC of 0E86D61D which Altirra indicates is Atari 400/800 OS-B NTSC vB. Memory is set to 48K.

Update: It doesn't seem to be specific to the Telengard CAS. I have the problem with two other BASIC CAS files I tried.

Edited by Farb

Here's my almost complete set of BIOS roms for everything in Altirra

https://mega.nz/#!Mhgi0YQD!vIxTe1Plplcm1OwQD7KwpG4AHq6wjbJ-bNC4Wfn-HA0

Just to try...2 pics inside detail where the manually set up roms go to where..

Your problem sounds like a rom issue unless somehow your settings are borked....I'd try the bios / system roms before even thinking of wiping the settings..

I know there is an XL OS version 2 rom out there that has bad issues (programs fail) and the bad news is that its in that package BUT there's also proper good ones as well, I never weeded it out for the pack and can't remember what the programs were that failed with it to recheck...

The one that is packaged with Xformer should be fine if you want to try that one...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 5

Here's my almost complete set of BIOS roms for everything in Altirra

https://mega.nz/#!Mhgi0YQD!vIxTe1Plplcm1OwQD7KwpG4AHq6wjbJ-bNC4Wfn-HA0

Just to try...2 pics inside detail where the manually set up roms go to where..

Your problem sounds like a rom issue unless somehow your settings are borked....I'd try the bios / system roms before even thinking of wiping the settings..

I know there is an XL OS version 2 rom out there that has bad issues (programs fail) and the bad news is that its in that package BUT there's also proper good ones as well, I never weeded it out for the pack and can't remember what the programs were that failed with it to recheck...

The one that is packaged with Xformer should be fine if you want to try that one...

Is that an older version of Altirra you are running? It does not have the Ape Warp+ 32-in-1 at the bottom. Here is a copy of my setup. If anyone wants them, let me know, and I will post it.

post-8930-0-66077800-1554043704_thumb.jpg

post-8930-0-80310900-1554043712_thumb.jpg

post-8930-0-09085900-1554043720_thumb.jpg

Edited by scotty
  • Like 1

The pics are old because they were done by Serj, I never updated them. I'm always on the latest beta :)

Thank you for the kind offer, very much appreciated, I should be spot up to date here..If I see anything missing I'll let you know, I suppose I should update that zip but most people have the set..

Edit:

Scotty, actually post your set please, I see the odd difference....Thank you

Very kind of you..

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Thank you Scotty!!

@Phaeron, don't know if this is a bug or meant..

I mentioned it in this post but don't expect you to read every post so here a small link to the question at the end of my post

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/289701-making-a-bootable-game/?do=findComment&comment=4248464

• Like 1

Hi Scotty,

Do you know where you got the 32-in-1 BIN file from because it seems to be a dud, Altirra won't accept it, says that the firmware is missing when set up as a device..

I thought there were some other things that looked different in there but that BIN was the only one ;)

Its the same rar as I linked to and even has the 2 set up jpg's in the main dir :) but with your setup JPG's which is nice..Nice to see Serj's original rar with my extra's in has gone around :)

Thank you for adding to it...

• Like 1

Do you know where you got the 32-in-1 BIN file from because it seems to be a dud, Altirra won't accept it, says that the firmware is missing when set up as a device..

I cannot seem to do anything with this either. :(

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.20-test21.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.20-test21-src.zip

• Fixed regression in ANTIC display text selection.
  • Manually attached BASIC cartridges (File > Attach Special Cartridge > BASIC) now restore correctly on next run.
  • Added option to detect whether a tape starts with a BASIC program. If so and this option is enabled, the emulator bypasses holding the Start button, enables BASIC, and types CLOAD.

The 32-in-1 ROM looks invalid, it is shifted by 6144 bytes and does not have a valid menu slot ROM image.

• Like 9

• Added option to detect whether a tape starts with a BASIC program. If so and this option is enabled, the emulator bypasses holding the Start button, enables BASIC, and types CLOAD.

You are making us sooo lazy :)

Love it...Thank you...

Edit: Hold on, its 1st April....You would not be so cruel would you Avery.......Running to test it! :)

Edit 2: Phew....No jokes on us :) Thank you!

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

Yup, for the 400 / 800 that's the way to add it, thankfully I presume that it now isn't cleared on a reboot...Yay...Its sticks now :)

Another handle little mod by Avery..

I'm still waiting for the AI add on to play the games for me :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Nope, not an April Fool's joke. Not opposed to the idea, but too lazy. Also, time zones make it awkward, it means almost two whole days of disbelieving everything on the Internet.

The reason I added the auto-detection was that I was tired of needing to see a crash to figure out if a tape had a BASIC program or not. It works the other way too, it'll pull BASIC if the tape doesn't need it. I'll probably rewrite the hook though as pushing keys is less reliable and it can't do the follow-up RUN right now.

• Like 2