IGNORED

Replacement PSU's

Jetboot Jack

• 7 months later...

Anyone used this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-charger-for-9VAC-AC-Atari-CO17945-400-800-810-850-1010-1050-1200XL/352530105417?epid=4018359754&hash=item52146e8449:g:3-oAAOSwLr1b~zau&frcectupt=true

T-Power - I'm looking for something I can just use across different devices but can't tell if it would have enough juice to run an 810 or 1050.

Anyone used this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-charger-for-9VAC-AC-Atari-CO17945-400-800-810-850-1010-1050-1200XL/352530105417?epid=4018359754&hash=item52146e8449:g:3-oAAOSwLr1b~zau&frcectupt=true

T-Power - I'm looking for something I can just use across different devices but can't tell if it would have enough juice to run an 810 or 1050.

They slyly don't specify the amperage in that listing. It looks too small to me to be anything beyond 1A. You'll have to message the seller to ask. I did so once and they confirmed 1A. I replied back saying contrary to their listing, that is not enough to power an 810 or 1050, which they of course ignored and the listing was never corrected...

Here's a link to the one I bought, cheaper too: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173560426585 ;)

That one is 3A, so definitely more than sufficient. Looks appropriately beefy like the Atari supplies too. Listing says its a 5.5 x 2.1mm connector, so I presume you had to use an adapter or replace it with a 5.5 x 2.5mm connector?

That one is 3A, so definitely more than sufficient. Looks appropriately beefy like the Atari supplies too. Listing says its a 5.5 x 2.1mm connector, so I presume you had to use an adapter or replace it with a 5.5 x 2.5mm connector?

I replaced it with a 2.5mm connector yes, and extended the lead too, but an adapter would have worked fine as well. It's a good power supply and with the same specs as the original Atari one I had :)

Getting my stuff out of storage, I've either sold all my original Atari 9VAC PSUs along with drives etc, or they're somewhere I haven't found yet.

So I started looking around for a replacement. I'm in the UK and just picked up one of these to run a 1050. It's over spec'd at 3A but that's only the max output and there was little difference in price between that and the 2A version. The connector is the wrong size (2.1mm inner) so I grabbed this adapter from them too which saved cutting cable and soldering a new connector.

In the limited testing I've done so far all seems well and if it stands up I might grab one or two more when I have the cash to keep in the cable box.

EDIT - just saw Beamer's post and see the unit he listed not only has the right size plug but is also somewhat cheaper. Nice find! Also noticed that I picked up the same unit as Adam1977 - great minds!

Edited by spookt
  • Like 1

good for USA, but being 120v, it won't help the UK/EU problem. back to drawing board for the OP, I'm afraid. :(

The OP doesn’t say anything about UK/EU or 220/240v input.

a1a0e0973fb2e440e2ecdf6d506c04e1.jpg

Is this a merged thread?

Edited by CZroe

EDIT - just saw Beamer's post and see the unit he listed not only has the right size plug but is also somewhat cheaper. Nice find! Also noticed that I picked up the same unit as Adam1977 - great minds!

yep there's a load of compatible musical instrument PSUs out there

Edited by Guest