IGNORED

Currently Playing / About to Start.. ?

slab0meat

This subforum's been pretty dead lately.. maybe this will get a few posts.

I still have What Remains of Edith Finch sitting untouched, as much as I'd like to play that.

Most nights, I've played a couple Rocket League matches, then some Enter the Gungeon (got that during the ultimate sale). Weird. Bought it mostly blind (barely knew a thing about it), wasn't too keen on it, now I like it a lot.

Also still need to make for progress on Fear Effect: Sedna. I was so hyped when I read a new Fear Effect game was coming out, but that high-up third person view just isn't the same.

• Like 1

I'm wrapping up Saints Row IV from the last sale. Final two achievements and it and the DLC will be completed. Enjoyed the silly world and sandbox aspects but a little goes a long way especially when you are extremely overpowered near the end.

After I finish it up, I'll probably play Abzu and Just Cause 3 which I have had for a while. I got Enter the Gungeon also during the sale but haven't started it yet though I think it is something I will like. I'm still playing Rare Replay also when I'm in the mood for an N64 style game.

• Like 1

On my Xbox One I started Sonic Mania Plus as well as the Mega Man X Legacy Collection.

I've already played a bit of Sonic Mania before on my PC, but it feels a lot more "at home" on console. Playing on a near 50 inch screen is a lot nicer than a 23 inch one.

Mega Man X collection is pretty solid as well. Very responsive and the unfiltered look is pretty much on par with the original console versions running via RGB through an upscaler. The only issue is the Xbox One controller isn't well suited to these games, at least not with the stock control setup. D-pad is fine but I like to play with the traditional control setup (using the main face buttons for all inputs) and it's very easy to hit a button you don't mean to, thanks to the shape of the Xbone controller face buttons.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

PUBG, PUBG, PUBG. My buddies & I play every night. We're not very good but we have a blast.

I recently took advantage of a decent Gamestop upgrade offer, so I'm finally putting my 4K TV to good use with a One X.

I have a major backlog of games that PUBG keeps me from diving in to. I'm hoping to start The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Origins & a few others soon.

Until then, it's PUBG with some Madden & No Man's Sky mixed in.

• Like 1

After I finish it up, I'll probably play Abzu and Just Cause 3 which I have had for a while. I got Enter the Gungeon also during the sale but haven't started it yet though I think it is something I will like. I'm still playing Rare Replay also when I'm in the mood for an N64 style game.

I've never heard of Abzu.. what style of game?

On my Xbox One I started Sonic Mania Plus as well as the Mega Man X Legacy Collection.

I've already played a bit of Sonic Mania before on my PC, but it feels a lot more "at home" on console. Playing on a near 50 inch screen is a lot nicer than a 23 inch one.

Mega Man X collection is pretty solid as well. Very responsive and the unfiltered look is pretty much on par with the original console versions running via RGB through an upscaler. The only issue is the Xbox One controller isn't well suited to these games, at least not with the stock control setup. D-pad is fine but I like to play with the traditional control setup (using the main face buttons for all inputs) and it's very easy to hit a button you don't mean to, thanks to the shape of the Xbone controller face buttons.

I've considered both of those, but they just keep getting pushed back.

PUBG, PUBG, PUBG. My buddies & I play every night. We're not very good but we have a blast.

I recently took advantage of a decent Gamestop upgrade offer, so I'm finally putting my 4K TV to good use with a One X.

I have a major backlog of games that PUBG keeps me from diving in to. I'm hoping to start The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Origins & a few others soon.

Until then, it's PUBG with some Madden & No Man's Sky mixed in.

The One X is great. Almost got Madden after many years of skipping it, but it sounds extremely glitchy with some bad AI mixed in. How's No Man's Sky? I read so many different opinions on it. At least it should look good.

Gungeon infuriates me yet I keep going back. :mad:

• Like 1

The One X is great. Almost got Madden after many years of skipping it, but it sounds extremely glitchy with some bad AI mixed in. How's No Man's Sky? I read so many different opinions on it. At least it should look good.

Gungeon infuriates me yet I keep going back. :mad:

I do love the X. I went from an S, so I was already seeing some HDR effects but the jump is really incredible.

I haven't bought Madden since '17 (since it was pretty much '16) but my buddy who also upgraded to the X got Madden free & sold it to me for $20. It looks amazing but it is not much different than previous iterations & I am seeing some weird things.

No Man's Sky is certainly interesting. It reminds me a lot of Minecraft. Lots of hunting around for specific ingredients to build essential items. I've only played about 5 hours but I'm not ready to move on just yet.

• Like 1

I've never heard of Abzu.. what style of game?

Well my understanding is that it is similar to Journey, Flow or Flower on the PS3 and some of the same developers were involved. More of an experience than a game. I loved Journey and thought the environments and multiplayer aspects of it were really cool. It is still one of my go to games when I just feel like relaxing.

Abzu is all underwater exploration and while interesting I don't think it comes close to carrying the impact that Journey does. Also the music doesn't seem to fit it as well in places. I completed Abzu in about two hours then spent about another hour wrapping up all the achievements and doubt I will go back to it. I paid $10 for the physical copy and that was about right. Any more and I would have been very disappointed in the purchase.

• Like 2

Still playing healthy doses of Sea of Thieves and Destiny 2. I've reached Pirate Legend in Sea of Theives and I'm currently doing the Athena missions for all the Athena gear.

I've also been playing some of the Halo: MCC Insider and so far it is a nice upgrade over the original release.

I just picked up Shenmue I & II yesterday and I really enjoyed those games back in the day and I'm enjoying playing through them again. Going after the achievements is actually fun.

• Like 3

Hello, folks. Been awhile since I've been hanging around the AtariAge Forums. Good to see this topic!

I've been playing two games consistently: No Man's Sky NEXT and State of Decay 2. These games consume a good portion of my gaming time. The SoD2 game is pretty good. Still filled with particular glitches, but this one always captivates me. no Man's Sky NEXT was my "need" for exploration in space after Elite: Dangerous.

The next game I'm planning on getting is Doom Eternal. Looks friggin' sweet!

-Unbeliever

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have Forza Horizon 4 and Mega Man 11 pre-ordered. I'd still like to try Hellblade.

I finally tried my copy of Doom that I got black Friday, and I don't like it. The Foundry is the kind of level that makes me dizzy and very annoyed. It was moving along okay until I got there. I will avoid the Doom series from now on. It's never been for me. (Have 3 on the original Xbox. Similar situation -- fun for a while until getting stuck.)

Edited by DJ Clae

Finished the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo. Definitely going to get the full game.

Just started up Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered. I loved the sailing in Black Flag. It's one of my top 10 games of all time, seriously. I can't be bothered to care about the Assassins vs. Templar and all the modern-day BS, but playing as Edward Kenway, piloting the Jackdaw, and exploring for buried treasure is a treat everyone should experience. It's amazing, and I'm not even remotely joking.

I'm anticipating more of the same from Rogue Remastered and the new setting/protagonist.

Edited by derFunkenstein