IGNORED

CLASSIC 2 MAGIC: Play SNES Cartridges on your SNES Mini (and much more)

If you LOVE Retro Gaming, then you need to check out THE must have accessory for the official SNES Mini consoles

C2M.jpg

Due to my various 'insider' contacts, I was able to recently sit-down and have fun with the C2M device, before it officially launches next month, and its truly does live up to its name, bringing retro gaming 'magic' to your Mini consoles, first off it allows you to play your original SNES cartridges, second it even allows you to 'backup' those cartridges to your choose of USB devices, and it also opens up your closed console to allow playing any SNES game you wish, no longer limited to just what Nintendo wants you to enjoy playing again from your childhood, infact you can even now magically play retro games from various other classic console manufacturers, over 20 different systems are supported, check out the official PR details below and their website and short 'intro video', and stay tuned as I bring you more coverage of this retro magical device soon.

SNES Mini Classic is a fantastic console but has one big flaw which frustrates all of its owners: The games collection is closed and limited.

Well no more! With Classic 2 Magic you can dig out your old SNES cartridges and play them directly on your SNES Mini Classic. Any game, from any region. Just plug & play!

You can also directly play game ROM files for SNES and many other different console systems on your SNES Mini Classic with Classic 2 Magic. The Classic 2 Magic creates so many new possibilities. The name says it all, it will do magic to your SNES Mini console.

And it is also compatible with the NES Mini console and Shonen Jump Mini.

• MSRP: $59.95
  • Availability: September 2018

You can find out more about all of the amazing features of Classic 2 Magic on its official website: http://classic2magic.com/

https://youtu.be/4EH3kuM7uJ4

NEWS SOURCE: --> Introducing Classic 2 Magic (via) MaxConsole

i weighed the pros and cons of modding my NES/SNES with software a fair amount beforehand; the method i used is imo fairly failsafe (plus you can back up the original in case you brick it somehow).

i think if you had carts already and a Mini (but for some reason no original console) this would be a pretty cool thing to get.

If I didn't have a SuperNT I'd actually be interested in that. I don't want to knock the original setup(purity?) of my snes classic edition so I've only well researched/followed hakchi but never once installed it as I find it has more than i need anyway for what it is. But that there, that's nice as it's non-hack, softmod territory. If that sports the ability to run any legit SNES/SFC game that's great.

I can't use it with the SuperNT and a SD2SNES but if someone isn't as fortunate to get these things, that's an affordable nice option with no likely side effects other than less free time.

Wonder if there are some games that cannot be dumped like with the Retrode 2 (for example, can't play or dump SA-1 games with that... someone did make an adapter, but it was not mass produced).

Mind reader. I just didn't want to go there in the post. The DSP was borderline for even older floppy using ripoff boxes to steal old SNES games with in the day and many couldn't do it, but not all. That would fall right in line even after so long with Super Everdrive+DSP. We're not in the age after years of being told impossible that the SD2SNES can basically do anything but a few Japanese special chip games only because they eat up more space than the FPGA can handle. I'd really have to wonder where this falls. Is it Everdrive level, or SD2SNES level in what it can take thrown at it in the cart slot. It would be an absolute deal breaker even at that price if it couldn't hack FX/SA1/SDD1 level gaming, and even at 1/2 that price or less I'd straight up ignore it if it failed at DSP too. I didn't see this covered on their promo site as it's pretty lacking on detail now with lots of areas not filled in yet.

For that rich 30/40 something who bought a SNES classic and just can't be bothered to figure out one of the other 100 ways to play the rest of the SNES library (and other classic consoles).

Or for someone who feels that "ROMz is teh illegal". In other words it's just like the Retroid cart reader for SNES games.

I'm curious though is that if it's running a different "OS & emulator" for playing the cart on the SNES Mini Classic...