IGNORED

Wanted : Intellivision Power Switch (or part of)

Ikrananka

A while back I bought a rather sad (very dirty) looking Intellivision as part of a large lot of consoles. I have finally gotten round to checking out the Intellivision that I bought and the first thing I noticed was that the power switch felt very sloppy. Upon dismantling the unit I found that someone had previously meddled with the power switch and that it was in pieces, i.e. the metal prongs that are normally bent around the little circuit board to hold it in place had been straightened. Of the three metal contact sliders that are normally internal to the switch, I found two were missing. Further searching inside the unit led to one more being found but the third one is completely gone. So, I can't rebuild the switch - agh!!!!

Does anyone have a spare switch or even just one of the internal contact sliders (or whatever they're called) that I could buy?

The unit appears to otherwise be in excellent condition so hoping to save this from the parts bin and get it up and running again.

Thanks

To check the rest of the unit out I bypassed the power switch and it is working perfectly which I'm delighted about. So, just the new power switch from Humblejack (huge thanks), replace all electrolytic capacitors using the kit from Console5, give it all a damn good clean and I've got myself a lovely working Intellivision.

That said, I'll open up and clean the controllers and I still need a replacement rubber foot - anyone know a good place to get one these that are close to the originals?

I'm also considering a video mod so need to research what's available there.

Ok, swich and foot pad, do you need the little switch cover or anything else?

Yes, just the switch and foot pad. If you mean the little brown plastic piece that fits in the top case that the user slides for power on and off, no I have one of those. I just need the internal switch that screws to the bottom case with the 9 contact points. Again, thank you so much for your help.

I'm quite new to the Intellivision and would like the best quality video mod that I can get. Any suggestions?

• 2 years later...