IGNORED

Genesis ports aged better than Saturn imo.

Centipede2600

The Saturns 2D was far superior to the Genesis and even its competition. Even with 3D I would disagree, while Saturn has lesser 3D capabilities than the PSX or N64, it did try to make up for that through art style, so i do find 3D Saturn games generally easier to look at than PSX games outside of the usual exceptions (like crash 3).

PSX Mega Man 8 doesn't even have Wood man and Cut Man!

• Like 1

Game gear games certainly have not aged well. Does anyone even own a game gear? To haul around that giant adapter. I am buying a lot of cheap game gear games now but just for the cases! 0001000 are you holding flowers for the Sega Genesis? Well Ranger the Brazil Real. Name of Brazil's money. Is this the Dolly Parton Imagination library? Good thing someone brought up Doom. There is a video game crash coming. I know it. Like some reviewer on youtube said, Donkey Kong for the game boy is better than like 99.99 percent of games made today. Atari is still in the urban dictionary for awesome. Arkanoid was a cool name. For a video game. Dreamcast was not really a cool name. Now we have names for games like Fallout. 000100 sounds like you should jump on your electric scooter. I can't say I will be breaking the Eucharist over either the Saturn or the Genesis. They are just game systems. Speaking of Jilted where is the Sega CD game of Neil Degrasse Tyson talking about our stupidly large moon? And like you find Neil Degrasse Tyson in a fun digitized sequence and choke him to death because you are looking for the armored pendant to save Kenny Rogers but he keeps following you around. A corporatacracy of fools, says George Foreman.

Edited by Mark Shepherd

Thanks for playing the intellectual elite (saying oh, you just wouldn't understand). I'm fully aware that TecToy and Sega were very successful in Brazil. All I needed was confirmation, but all you confirmed was that you like to be a jackass.

So educate me. What is TecToy? I have never heard of them. I feel like I am playing a game of blind man's bluff. Is there like some Parallel universe somewhere that Sega still exists? And is being bought in droves? Next someone is going to tell me that Sega didn't really go under and Tu Pac is alive in Cuba somewhere. And the company Sega owns Skunkworks! :-D You mean Sega is actually the alter nemesis of Atari? Like Stephen King I guess went under other pen names like Richard Bachman. So Erebus the greek god of death no longer applies to Sega. They are alive in Brazil. I was hoping that Vin Diesel would have bought the company Sega and changed the name to Vin Diesel. I guess that's just not the type of globalism that we live in. Of course every other game would have to be named something with Vin Diesel in it. Like Vin Diesel fights the martians. Vin Diesel fights giant squids. Vin Diesel beats the crap out of Mario. Well hopefully Sega does better and enjoys more success than Henry Ford's Rubber factory. That was in Brazil too. But supposedly Americans were forced to live there. I want a progress report on TecToy every day!

So educate me. What is TecToy? I have never heard of them. I feel like I am playing a game of blind man's bluff. Is there like some Parallel universe somewhere that Sega still exists? And is being bought in droves? Next someone is going to tell me that Sega didn't really go under and Tu Pac is alive in Cuba somewhere. And the company Sega owns Skunkworks! :-D You mean Sega is actually the alter nemesis of Atari? Like Stephen King I guess went under other pen names like Richard Bachman. So Erebus the greek god of death no longer applies to Sega. They are alive in Brazil. I was hoping that Vin Diesel would have bought the company Sega and changed the name to Vin Diesel. I guess that's just not the type of globalism that we live in. Of course every other game would have to be named something with Vin Diesel in it. Like Vin Diesel fights the martians. Vin Diesel fights giant squids. Vin Diesel beats the crap out of Mario. Well hopefully Sega does better and enjoys more success than Henry Ford's Rubber factory. That was in Brazil too. But supposedly Americans were forced to live there. I want a progress report on TecToy every day!

"What is TecToy?" You're being willfully ignorant at this point. It was cute at first, but now kinda annoying. You could literally just Google info on Wiki or Sega Retro, or Youtube vids that go into the subject, in a few clicks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played Mega Man. I know how to beat the Ice Chunks. Or the Ice chunks boss. Mikeala or whatever it's called. (Not Yeltsin man) But mastering the whole double jump thing in Ghouls and ghosts is harder. But that is a hard game. But maybe I am not hardcore.
Yeah Ranger talking about the dreamcast in a rap song like it's cool is as bas as the singer shooter talking about the Ricky Lake show. It's like the what show? Of course we have all heard of Ricky Lake. But sega products began to have a shelf life equal to that of those come and go day time talk show hosts. Didn't even Chevy Chase try to have a talk show?

00100100 take me to your leader. Please don't take me to a broom closet and make me program games with Renato Bittencourt. Don't take me to a where you keep your nutella samples and your Game Gear games. Of course you have the Boy in shining force whose favorite hobby is power walking. People in Japan must be really desperate for hobbies.

Have you ever heard of chip card readers? We are making all of these stupid games now on something like a chip or you just download it. I think the creator of the thread meant something more along the lines that don't you remember when games weren't tiny tiny chips (like the borg) but a cartridge that you could actually hold and had gravity. They didn't have steel wheels but at least you could hold them. Well LJN should have made a Michael Dukakis game. With Michael Dukakis on a tank with a helmet. And the objective of the game would be..uh collect all of the nutella samples and smear the chocolate on your underwear, while you talk about making a shining force II remake.

I've played Mega Man. I know how to beat the Ice Chunks. Or the Ice chunks boss. Mikeala or whatever it's called. (Not Yeltsin man) But mastering the whole double jump thing in Ghouls and ghosts is harder. But that is a hard game. But maybe I am not hardcore.

Yeah Ranger talking about the dreamcast in a rap song like it's cool is as bas as the singer shooter talking about the Ricky Lake show. It's like the what show? Of course we have all heard of Ricky Lake. But sega products began to have a shelf life equal to that of those come and go day time talk show hosts. Didn't even Chevy Chase try to have a talk show?

00100100 take me to your leader. Please don't take me to a broom closet and make me program games with Renato Bittencourt. Don't take me to a where you keep your nutella samples and your Game Gear games. Of course you have the Boy in shining force whose favorite hobby is power walking. People in Japan must be really desperate for hobbies.

Have you ever heard of chip card readers? We are making all of these stupid games now on something like a chip or you just download it. I think the creator of the thread meant something more along the lines that don't you remember when games weren't tiny tiny chips (like the borg) but a cartridge that you could actually hold and had gravity. They didn't have steel wheels but at least you could hold them. Well LJN should have made a Michael Dukakis game. With Michael Dukakis on a tank with a helmet. And the objective of the game would be..uh collect all of the nutella samples and smear the chocolate on your underwear, while you talk about making a shining force II remake.

........ :?

• Like 1

Not trashing the Saturn nor do I want to start a weird console war. Just that the Genesis seems to have aged better than the Saturn even if you include ports such as Virtua Fighter 2 and Sonic 3D Blast.

How could this be? The same can even be said with the sport titles. Is it just that the 5th gen in general has not aged well in terms of graphics or just that the Saturn in general was a pain in the ass to program for?

This was the first post- OP was asking about how Genesis games stood up against Saturn games. It seems to have spiralled from there ;)

SNES has aged better than N64.

^^^^ - This I'm onboard with and agree.

But I don't know that I can say that the Genesis has aged better than the Saturn. For me personally I play way more games on my Genesis vs my Saturn. But that is because there are more games to select from that give me a quick 1 hour session and I'm done. Most of my Saturn games require a bit more investment timewise. But I don't know that I think the Genesis is better. They are all pretty equal to me. Genesis, Saturn, DC. Only the Master System seems dated to me and I pretty much only play the exclusives on it that weren't on the Genesis.

Only cause the Genesis/Mega Drive was more popular in the West than in Japan, hence the persception (and constant releases of Sonic & etc).

In Japan the Saturn was more popular and even had remake ports done for the Sega Ages 2500 series which never left Japan.

• Like 1

yea and its kind of the death of sega

saturn and dreamcast suffers from a heavy case of the eastern quirk

we wanted a bad ass 3d sonic, we got superman 64 mixed with starfox on launch yay a loosely on rails ring loop game ... sega kind of forgot the entire attitude that pushed them forward and gave us J-pop and later on furry romances

along with some arcade games

genesis, hard core kickass fist in your fukin face fast action games

saturn, nights into dreams, wispy and whimsical

what could go wrong?

i bought a playstation

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

Well fwiw the Panzer Dragoon games were pretty face-paced action games, if a bit artsy (before the whole "games-as'art" bs started years later. Hate the term btw).

The was also stuff like Scud and Burning Rangers (that one way later), problem was none of them were with established IP. Why can Vectorman 3? Comix Zone 2? They could've given Chakan another crack while fixing all the issues the first game had, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm...totally confused about this thread.

What was being discussed again? And who is this Biff I'm seeing referenced around the forums from time to time?

I have no idea what's going on here either but I'm inclined to suspect that Biff is everyone in this thread with a post count of less than 150. In other words, one troublemaker with multiple accounts arguing with themselves for the sole purpose of creating drama. I'm too old for these sort of shenanigans.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1