IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 35 - Space Patrol!

Thanks to this episode, I re-discovered Space Patrol. Re-marveled at the whole package, just super quality! Sink some good time into it this weekend (although I continue to suck at it).

As a bonus, I got one of my sons to learn a little Poker & Blackjack. He said the card shuffling sound did not sound like cards shuffling at all, but then again he is 11 so anything that is not rendered like Overwatch with mega waveform audio is hard for him to understand sometimes.

Tell him, that's how card shuffling sounds in Las Vegas. ;)

Great episode. Really like the Joe Z interview.

At around 4:20 issue as close I can figure is person used AC adapter by error and they heard AC 60Hz via the TV's audio. Adapter is designed to use DC power, not AC. I have 2-3 or of these adapters left if someone wants one. If the folks from the podcast want one I'm happy to provide. In the future I will account for people using AC power adapter, but it will make things more expensive.

Great episode. Really like the Joe Z interview.

At around 4:20 issue as close I can figure is person used AC adapter by error and they heard AC 60Hz via the TV's audio. Adapter is designed to use DC power, not AC. I have 2-3 or of these adapters left if someone wants one. If the folks from the podcast want one I'm happy to provide. In the future I will account for people using AC power adapter, but it will make things more expensive.

Thanks, Grips. That makes sense. We'll mention that as a followup in the next episode. I may be interested in one... ;-)

• 4 months later...

I just listened to this episode a couple of days ago and I really enjoyed the interview. Thanks to Joe Z. and the Intellivisionaries crew for taking the time to discuss the design and implementation of a very good game. :thumbusp:

I was already familiar with the history of Space Patrol, having talked about it with Joe in the past, but it was very interesting hearing him recounting the challenges he encountered.

I still can't stand all the silly bumpers and stupid sketches filling up the time, but I enjoyed the interview. Hopefully someone would see it fit to publish just the interviews by themselves at some point. I would pay money for that.

-dZ.