IGNORED

Minor TIPI Request

jonecool

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is doable on the Adafruit OLED display, but would it be possible to modify the TIPI RPi code such that the 2nd line is right-aligned? Instead of seeing only the header, it would be ideal if it showed the app. being run which I presume would be on the right-side of the URL stating something like "99.com/chatti" instead of "http://myti99"? Very minor request, but would be nice to see the app being accessed instead of the protocol/domain.

post-63846-0-58302400-1534909641_thumb.jpg

Love the TIPI! You guys are doing awesome work, thank you!

Edited by jonecool

The oled was an early debugging tool, never meant to be an end user feature.

It is open source, and I will entertain pull requests. I can't test it. I don't use that anymore.

I am frankly surprised, in a negative way, how much attention the meaningless screen gets.

But if someone put in the effort, I would help them share it.

-M@

The oled was an early debugging tool, never meant to be an end user feature.

It is open source, and I will entertain pull requests. I can't test it. I don't use that anymore.

I am frankly surprised, in a negative way, how much attention the meaningless screen gets.

But if someone put in the effort, I would help them share it.

-M@

I felt exactly the same way when I saw how obsessed people were over OLED screens on wifi modems. ESP8266 modules are like 3 to 6 dollars. Slap a DB25 and an OLED on it and people will pay $50+.

• Like 1

It's called giving the customers what they want. ? Sometimes it's the little things that people want. Only arrogance would demand that all people conform to one specific thought or design. What makes no sense to one person might be wanted by another. In life I've learned it's whatever floats ones boat. But after a period of time, some people can get tired of hearing how something they like is a waste.. it quite frankly is a turn off.

I've been trying figure out how to say that... but I'm too emotionally attached.

I hope "jonecool" finds coding in what I've offered clean and easy to do. And I hope he succeeds.

I've been a bully about this in an effort to influence people away from a feature I don't enjoy. Doing things I don't enjoy is what the day job is for. It is better that I influence instead of just remove it?

If someone takes this feature on, there are a number things that should be fixed (90% of what it emits isn't end-user oriented), but this stands out the most:

--- It doesn't tell you when the PI is powered off... only when it intends to be. I don't know how to solve that.

-M@

• Like 2

Most retro products are created for love of the product and released for the purpose of sharing -- the people that you share with are not normally considered "customers". ;)

Well put, and taken Tursi. With my background, I default to marketing terminology, my apologies. True, it's OBVIOUSLY a labor of love with the creators of all these wonderful toys we get to enjoy. With all the time, effort and upfront expenses, it's not a profit motivated endevour. That being said, one can feel like a 'customer' when one orders through a website.

I've been trying figure out how to say that... but I'm too emotionally attached.

I hope "jonecool" finds coding in what I've offered clean and easy to do. And I hope he succeeds.

I've been a bully about this in an effort to influence people away from a feature I don't enjoy. Doing things I don't enjoy is what the day job is for. It is better that I influence instead of just remove it?

If someone takes this feature on, there are a number things that should be fixed (90% of what it emits isn't end-user oriented), but this stands out the most:

--- It doesn't tell you when the PI is powered off... only when it intends to be. I don't know how to solve that.

-M@

I understand your feelings M@, after all it's your 'baby' and 'fathers' usually have definate ideas concerning their 'children'.

Even though I'm just a 'user', I see so much potential in that one itsy bitsy teeny weeny display that it could eventually help bring the community closer together.

• Like 1

I did check the code and the library and there is a text alignment attribute, but unfortunately it didn't seem to work for me. I'm no python expert, but I edited the file, added the alignment attribute (right aligned for everything on the 2nd line, just to test) then no change in the display occurred. Not sure what else to try at this point, so kinda stopped there.