IGNORED

Stella (4.7.3) on rpi3, only keyboard works as a controller?!

olliraa

Setting up my shiny new rpi3b+. Stella works great, except that I cannot get the controls to work. Only keyboard is the one that always works. I have removed mouse and keyboard after configuring the Stella (booting straight to the emulator and certain rom), but with the same result :( I also have unchecked the "grab mouse..." in the Stella config screen. Also the "use mouse as controller" is set to Never.

The usb-controllers show up in the joystick database, but I cannot remap the controls, because nothing happens when I press a button on the controller? I have tried various different controllers including PS3 pad, the original Stelladaptor with a TAC-2 etc.

Sometimes, when I change the usb ports/remove the controllers from the database/between reboots, the usb controllers do work, but that just not good enough. For the record FCEUX (NES emulator) works fine with the PS3 pad, so it's not about the controller/system.

*edit* Running the latest Raspbian (desktop)

Any thoughts?

Edited by olliraa

Some (weird) additional findings... The controls seem to work when I use Opengl renderer. Unfortunately, the emulation is dead slow that way. With software renderer the emulation is perfect, but input does not work properly. I guess this has something to do with the SDL2... :( I'm no pro reagarding that.