IGNORED

DKJR technical demo

nanochess

Carl's dkjr uses five sprites, leaving only three sprites for everything else. He admits that it likely wouldn't be implemented like that. Similarly here the aligators are flickering. One thing carl did was he reverse engineered nintendo code to get the jumping motion just right. That's the most important thing.

• Like 1

Carl's dkjr uses five sprites, leaving only three sprites for everything else. He admits that it likely wouldn't be implemented like that. Similarly here the aligators are flickering. One thing carl did was he reverse engineered nintendo code to get the jumping motion just right. That's the most important thing.

I was disappointed that Carl's DK Jr was never finished. The fact that Carl reverse engineered the original code was part of what made DK Arcade and D2K so good. The gameplay was reproduced exceptionally well.

This new port of DK Jr looks really good too though!

- J

Hi guys.

Someone wishing to remain anonymous has shared with me a kind of technical demo.

It's kind of impressive. No idea whether author wants to keep developing it.

(click to animate)

attachicon.gifmvi_0005.gif

With this author be open to collaboration? I reverse engineered most of the DK Junior source code. I also think I could help with the graphics

• Like 7

Hi guys.

Someone wishing to remain anonymous has shared with me a kind of technical demo.

(click to animate)

With this author be open to collaboration? I reverse engineered most of the DK Junior source code. I also think I could help with the graphics

I'll ask.

Hi guys.

(click to animate)

Awesome news Carl!