IGNORED

Other Good Wii Zapper Games

boxpressed

More and more, I'm appreciating the Wii as a great light gun console, especially for on rails shooters. I already own or am planning to get the following titles:

HOTD 2 & 3 Return

HOTD Overkill

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

Ghost Squad

Dead Space Extraction

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

Martian Panic

Link's Crossbow Training

Chicken Riot

Are there any others that you would recommend? Although I enjoy all the titles above, any suggestions that are good but appropriate for, say, nine-year olds are especially welcome.

• Like 3

What he said plus Dino Strike, Gunslingers, Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack (most people hate these games but I've been playing them since the 3DO days) & Medal of Honor Heros 2 (has an arcade mode which is an on rails shooter). I know there's a couple I'm leaving out that I can't think of at the moment.

• Like 4

I really love all the Wii on-rails shooters too and have managed to build up a pretty decent collection of them. :)

00LoJU4.jpg

My favorite of the bunch is by far Dead Space: Extraction, which is without a doubt the most deep, cinematic, and story driven on-rails shooter ever concieved on any system peroid. Definitely not suitable for anyone under the age of 13, but it's one hell of a horror game for those old enough to enjoy it.

At this point the only on-rails shooters for the Wii that I'm still looking for are Dino Strike, Wicked Monsters Blast!, and Heavy Fire: Afganistan. Maybe Attack of the Movies 3D and Samurai Warriors: Katana if I can find them on the cheap, but those two might be scraping the bottom of the barrel in the quality department.

And oh, it might also be worth tracking down a copy of Namco Museum Megamix. I haven't played it yet but the Galaga Remix game included in the compilation is a pretty neat looking on-rails shooter. :)

Edited by Jin

Great suggestions. I made the mistake of playing Dead Space with my 8 yo (weve played HOTD 2&3 Returns already), but Dead Space is way more adult. Had to postpone the Dead Space experiment for several years, but thats the only game he keeps asking about playing again!

I'm not surprised, kids always want to play games they're not supposed to. :lol: When I was 8 my parents let me play Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis and Doom on the computer, but looking back those games were waaaaay tamer and less graphic than Dead Space. Good on you for being a responsible parent and deciding to wait a few years! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I really love all the Wii on-rails shooters too and have managed to build up a pretty decent collection of them. :)

00LoJU4.jpg

My favorite of the bunch is by far Dead Space: Extraction, which is without a doubt the most deep, cinematic, and story driven on-rails shooter ever concieved on any system peroid. Definitely not suitable for anyone under the age of 13, but it's one hell of a horror game for those old enough to enjoy it.

At this point the only on-rails shooters for the Wii that I'm still looking for are Dino Strike, Wicked Monsters Blast!, and Heavy Fire: Afganistan. Maybe Attack of the Movies 3D and Samurai Warriors: Katana if I can find them on the cheap, but those two might be scraping the bottom of the barrel in the quality department.

And oh, it might also be worth tracking down a copy of Namco Museum Megamix. I haven't played it yet but the Galaga Remix game included in the compilation is a pretty neat looking on-rails shooter. :)

You've got the cream of the crop already. Samurai Warriors is decent. The great thing about the Wii is that most non-Nintendo games are dirt cheap. You should be able to easily find most of the shooters for $5.00 or less. If you have a PS3 & Move you should pick up Dead Space 2. It's got Dead Space Extraction HD on the disc.

You've got the cream of the crop already. Samurai Warriors is decent. The great thing about the Wii is that most non-Nintendo games are dirt cheap. You should be able to easily find most of the shooters for $5.00 or less. If you have a PS3 & Move you should pick up Dead Space 2. It's got Dead Space Extraction HD on the disc.

I passed on Samurai Warriors at the thirft for $5 because I thought that only one minigame used the zapper. I may go back to get it. Thanks for info on the PS3 Dead Space. The graphical upgrade seems to be worth buying it again.

I'm not surprised, kids always want to play games they're not supposed to. :lol: When I was 8 my parents let me play Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis and Doom on the computer, but looking back those games were waaaaay tamer and less graphic than Dead Space. Good on you for being a responsible parent and deciding to wait a few years! :thumbsup:

I just bought Dead Space Extraction for the Wii!! :)

• Like 1

I passed on Samurai Warriors at the thirft for $5 because I thought that only one minigame used the zapper. I may go back to get it. Thanks for info on the PS3 Dead Space. The graphical upgrade seems to be worth buying it again.

Considering Dead Dpace 2 shouldn't be more than $5.00 it is absolutely worth it. There are actually several awesome HD ports on the PS3 plus a couple you can't play anywhere else. Also, the Sharpshooter is an awesome peripheral.

• Like 1

A game I rather enjoyed (possibly because it brought back great memories for me of my old Paintball Tournament days) was the Wii Paintball one (can't remember if it was Greg Hastings or the Millenium Series (NPPL in the USA) one, but the Zapper really made it great fun.

I do love a good arcade light gun game though, so the Wii is really the last bastian of those, I wish they'd bring them out on PS4 though, seeing as many people have the camera (and moves) for the PSVR so they could do non-VR light gun games like the PS3 had.

That is one of the things I love about collecting for the Wii, that there's very few truly expensive games I want to get. There's about a dozen or so in the $30 to $40 range and one $100 game (curse you Dokapon Kingdom!) but the vast majority of my Wii wants are like $5 to $10. I will definitely pick up Samurai Warriors: Katana if I ever stumble on it in a local game store. :)

I don't have a PS3 or an Xbox 360, the Wii is the only system from that generation that I really like, but I did own an Xbox One for a few months and during that time I played through the original Dead Space. It was a good game for sure but for some weird reason I could never get into it quite as much as Dead Space: Extraction on the Wii. I think Extraction's story just felt a lot more engaging and on-rails shooters are probably my favorite game genre, so Extraction really worked for me on every level.

Considering Dead Dpace 2 shouldn't be more than $5.00 it is absolutely worth it. There are actually several awesome HD ports on the PS3 plus a couple you can't play anywhere else. Also, the Sharpshooter is an awesome peripheral.

I should probably start another thread for PS3 light gun games because I'm ready to get all of those too. I wish I had seen your endorsement of the Sharpshooter just a little earlier ... I passed on a bundle of PS stuff for very cheap that included one. I thought it was one of those Cabela's guns!