IGNORED

Other Good Wii Zapper Games

boxpressed

On my to-get list too. Not that cheap anymore, apparently. Around $25. Some of these Wii light gun games (e.g. Dino Strike) are pretty pricey!

Definitely NOT worth $25.00 unless you're just looking to complete the collection. Dino Strike doesn't seem to be very common. I don't think I've ever seen it at any of my local chain stores. I bought it from a retro game booth at a local flea market. Something to consider if you're out looking for it is that I'm not sure it ever came in a normal case. It was bundled with a gun peripheral so it might have only come in a sleeve like Link's Crossbow Trainkng. That's how mine was. You might overlook it if you're not careful.

Dino Strike did release in a full size normal plastic case as well as a cardboard sleeve like Link's Crossbow Training and Wii Sports, but they both seem to be going for $25 to $30 on eBay right now. I'd be totally fine with paying $25 + shipping for a plastic case copy but unfortunately the only ones that have shown up on eBay over the past few months are being sold by hucksters who want $40 to $50 for them, which is just ridiculous. Dino Strike is rare for sure, but it's not that rare.

Edited by Jin

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and Jurassic: The Hunted for good prices. There were a pair of Nyko Perfect Shots at the thrift for $2, so I got those too.

Also got a pair of PS3 Sharpshooters. One came with Killzone 3, but I'm not too interested in that. Playing a PS3 Move launch game called "The Shoot" that's pretty fun and is appropriate for kids. Have "Time Crisis Razing Storm" on the way.

I didn't have the PS3 at launch (or even at the Move launch). For all its problems in other games, the Move is a great a light gun accessory. These days it's pretty cheap to get it, the navigation controller, and the camera.

I picked up Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and Jurassic: The Hunted for good prices. There were a pair of Nyko Perfect Shots at the thrift for $2, so I got those too.

Also got a pair of PS3 Sharpshooters. One came with Killzone 3, but I'm not too interested in that. Playing a PS3 Move launch game called "The Shoot" that's pretty fun and is appropriate for kids. Have "Time Crisis Razing Storm" on the way.

I didn't have the PS3 at launch (or even at the Move launch). For all its problems in other games, the Move is a great a light gun accessory. These days it's pretty cheap to get it, the navigation controller, and the camera.

The Shoot is pretty good. I like it too. Good theme to it with the pleasing the director narrative. Keeps me interested anyhow.

The Shoot is pretty good. I like it too. Good theme to it with the pleasing the director narrative. Keeps me interested anyhow.

I've unlocked the second and third "movies" but am looking forward to the Haunted House one.

I feel kind of stupid spinning around in a circle to activate the "showtime" weapon, but oh well.

The Shoot is pretty decent. Razing Storm is actually really good. I know a lot of people don't like it for some reason but I do. The Razing Storm/Time Crisis 4/Deadstorm Pirates bundle is a great deal too. I love the Sharpshooter. It can get a little tiring if you play for long stretches but it really adds to the games & makes it feel more like an arcade experience.

Edited by homerj

• 3 weeks later...

Had a lot of fun with my 8 yo playing two player Chicken Riot (not to be confused with Chicken Shoot, which I hear is bad) with a pair of Nyko Perfect Shots. I let him blast away while I worked on accuracy.

I bought the Wii near launch but am discovering that its a great system for kids this age.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a bad deal. I think I paid $10.00 or $20.00 for my Dino Strike in just the sleeve. Ive never run across it in the case. Ill keep my eyes open for a copy of Gunblade NY/LA Machineguns. I got mine locally 2 or 3 years ago & I dont think I paid more than $20.00. Probably more like $15.00.

• Like 1

Samurai Warriors Katana

Attack of the Movies 3D

I'm really enjoying Attack of the Movies 3D. I didn't have high expectations for it, but it is just the kind of short, mindless rail shooter that I love. Plus, it's fine for kids.

I was playing it with my projector, and now I feel a little dizzy after the space combat movie!