IGNORED

HSC15 Round 16: Hi-Res Games II - The September Tourney

Regarding Night Mission Pinball, the latest episode of ANTIC The Atari 8-bit Podcast features Bruce Artwick, best known for subLogic Flight Simulator II and Microsoft Flight Simulator. Near the end, he briefly also talks about Night Mission, which came to from the fact the Bill Budge who had made Raster Blaster for the Apple II and eventually would do Pinball Construction Set, said he was considering getting into flight simulators. Bruce then thought he'd beat Bill at his home game and made a pinball game. From what I understand Bill never really ventured into flight simulators though?

• Like 2

I vote to give IGB a chance, once it works it works...and it's a pretty good game actually. Did a decent score on Leeper and it crashed :/ Jawbreaker drives me mad.... why do these pac man things always have to keep going? :D

Was that with the new XL/XE friendly ATR (on1st post)? I've had a couple of goes on it ok on my 130XE :ponder:

1. Hard Hat Mack - Level 9

2. Marauder - 146900

3. Jaw Breaker - 37800

4. Threshold - 75900

5. Choplifter - 57

6. Lunar Leeper -14700

7. Kult - 30908

8. Malpass the Asteroid mines (I) - 36280 (P) - 25080

9. Night Mission Pinball - 237810

10. Inter Galleon Battle - 21400

11. Galatic Patrol - 3650

I'm struggling to get Threshold, Lunar Leeper and IGB working reliably. Had some good goes on Marauder though.

I just tried IGB about 20 times with different settings in altirra and it crashed on every go, give up.

Do we still need to use the translator with the fixed version of Lunar Leeper? It's crashed on me a few times now.

Edit: I tried IGB one last time on my 800XL, and I played for 8 or 9 levels before it crashed, so I rebooted and tried again and it crashed after I hit the first enemy ship!

Edited by McKong
  • Like 1

Holy crap, only 3 days to the deadline? Time flies.

@trbb: no, I have the Lunar Leeper from Atari Gamebase. Latest score 19,300. Game hangs on the Enter Your Initials screen.

Does it get to level 2 (after the eyeball) you could report it on the Gamebase thread and mention fandal's fixed XL/XE ver here perhaps.

Been too busy with work but finally had a couple of hours play today. Failed on Threshold and Jawbfreaker but great success on

Malpass The Asteriod Mine 252, 490 - around level 20 on Inter. I had need to pee since around wave 5 and in the end had to risk a console key for pause, unfortunately I went for Select and it aborted my go, that'll teach me to throw away my bit of paper! Great game, you can get on a roll. Lots of other features as it progresses.

post-19705-0-67837700-1538235836.jpgpost-19705-0-29926100-1538235847.jpg

@McKong new Lunar Leeper is ok on my 130XE from 1050 disk drive anyone else had problems? I think there is a bug where the leepers jump up and down and you are not re-spawned sometimes.

May as well leave the final tables until the end of the round as we've only a couple of days left :grin:

• Like 1

(McKong I think StarQuake is a bit long too play here so we'll do that next round, the Bertyx game Sikor suggested might make a nice bonus for that) Pong also moved to the next round.

So is that what happens for October: even more hires games with StarQuake the main game?

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay I wanted to be awake when I did the scoring!

Congratulations to McKong for winning the Tournament :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And thanks to all who played :thumbsup:

Some good games here and my old CRT was throwing out some nice artifacting on them (PAL system). Plus we've found a new HSC play in Malpass the Asteroid Mine too :thumbsup:

The final tables are on Post #2 ;)

• Like 2