IGNORED

First look: Bentley Bears Honey Hunt

Bochum_Boy

In the past month I started a project for the Lynx. In the first hand, I wanted to learn programming for that fantastic beast. Hence, I started a very simple Donkey Kong clone. As I am a beekeeper, I chose the setting of a Honey Hunt. You control Bentley Bear on the hunt for honey from hives. But beware of the bees!

Bentley Bear can fire crystals in order to kill the bees (therefore he needs energy from the honey). He can't jump but climb on platforms if he reaches them. He can make himself small in order to avoid getting hit by a bee.

I attached the first playable build for Handy. Yet, I have not tested BB on real hardware.

Known problems:

- no music (not implemented yet=

- no real game over or victory page (Score == 100)

- collision control of the platforms needs massive improvement

- no background

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0kli115ybwgx9q/BentleyBearsHoneyHunt.lnx?dl=0

Feel free for any input!

Edited by Bochum_Boy
  • Like 11

Another update:

- A background is added.

- Bentley Bear is now able to crouch to avoid a hit by a bee.

- Collision control is improved.

Next up:

- Level building (at least waves of Bees)

- Victory and Game Over screen

It is not gonna be the next Zaku, but I hope to see a release in the foreseeable future.

post-47956-0-04793300-1535711892.png

Edited by Bochum_Boy
  • Like 3

Thanks for the feedback, gambler!

Yes, right now some passages are tricky but I keep on refining them. The main idea is to survive the waves without loosing the score through dying. Per run you have one life less, resulting in a higher score. Maybe an EEPROM would be nice for the high-score, wouldn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

Music is on its way in the game (thanks, DerLuchs and sage!) - the boss battle will need some work (maybe I get this one in next week). I will change my game's internal design to karri's template. I found some of the first beta testers, maybe some one else is interested? I might give out an Alpha in two weeks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Music is on its way in the game (thanks, DerLuchs and sage!) - the boss battle will need some work (maybe I get this one in next week). I will change my game's internal design to karri's template. I found some of the first beta testers, maybe some one else is interested? I might give out an Alpha in two weeks

How is it coming along?

• 5 months later...