IGNORED

A new HSC season

NIKON

Greetings all!!!

I am thinking about another season of the 7800 HSC...I am thinking October....what I would like is input on what you would like to see in the next season.

Like should the rounds remain at two weeks or be extended to 3 weeks?

I will say that when the holidays roll around (ie. Thanksgiving , Christmas, and New Years) there will be breaks in the rounds. normally a week or two depending.

Since there are only so many games that can be played...think about settings and the like.

Kind of bouncing around the idea of player challenges where one player challenges another player for bonus points in a round of play. (still sorting out the logistics of this but an idea all the same)

Please post your thoughts and the like.

Cheers!

Nikon

Edited by NIKON
  • Like 1

Player vs Player for bonus points

any player can challenge any player for bonus points. If the challenged player accepts then game on.

Example ...The Game Xevious...setting: Default..bonus points setting: Expert

How it works...

Both players will wager their bonus points (up to 5 points) for the current round.

....Challenge must be posted with wager and acceptance posted with wager

If the challenge is not accepted then it is a wash...no points awarded in the confines of the challenge.

Winner collects the bonus points and Loser forfeits the bonus points.

Edited by NIKON
  • Like 1

Player vs Player for bonus points
any player can challenge any player for bonus points. If the challenged player accepts then game on.
Example ...The Game Xevious...setting: Default..bonus points setting: Expert
How it works...
Both players will wager their bonus points (up to 5 points) for the current round.
....Challenge must be posted with wager and acceptance posted with wager
If the challenge is not accepted then it is a wash...no points awarded in the confines of the challenge.
Winner collects the bonus points and Loser forfeits the bonus points.

I'm assuming each player can have only one accepted challenge per round.

When you say any player can challenge any player, it seems every player could choose who he wants to challenge. If it's up to the challengers, things get too complicated and it could be frustrating to get your pair.

Player A challenges Player B.

P. B doesn't answer or answers near the end of round.

P. C challenges P. D.

P. D challenges P. E and will only answer P. C if P. E doesn't accept. And so on.

In conclusion, for this bonus, I'd like to have everyone paired at the beginning of the round. Players post if they accept the challenge and how many points up to 5.

I'm assuming each player can have only one accepted challenge per round.

When you say any player can challenge any player, it seems every player could choose who he wants to challenge. If it's up to the challengers, things get too complicated and it could be frustrating to get your pair.

Player A challenges Player B.

P. B doesn't answer or answers near the end of round.

P. C challenges P. D.

P. D challenges P. E and will only answer P. C if P. E doesn't accept. And so on.

In conclusion, for this bonus, I'd like to have everyone paired at the beginning of the round. Players post if they accept the challenge and how many points up to 5.

Addendum

This idea is apart from the bonus point in the round where it depends on where you place.

The challenge is between how ever many players and each player is given 5 points to wager against another player...if no answer then no challenge points are awarded. Of course you would have to know who is playing in the round before you can challenge anyone. Just think of this as a side bet for the round.

(Which is why I asked in a previous post to remain at two week rounds of go to 3 week rounds.)

Any number of players can challenge any number of players. Challenge is open the entire round..when the round ends...the challenge for that game is over as well

Players can still post bonus scores for bonus points and they will be awarded bonus points.

Player A Challenges Player B and it is accepted and they both put up 3 of their 5 bonus points...Player A beats Player B Player A would the receive 8 bonus points and Player B would receive 2 bonus points.

Multi Player Challenges would work the same way and Player A Player B scenario..whoever wins the challenge they get all the wagered bonus points.

Hope this clears things up.

Nikon

Edited by NIKON
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...