IGNORED

Myarc DDCC-1 jumpers and switches

OLD CS1

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this thread because the question relates to the DDCC-1.  I was poking around tonight and found a few subprograms in the DSR, including DIR.  Guess what happens when I type CALL DIR(1) !!

I cannot find that documented, so I wonder if that is in the original DSR or if it is part of the 80-track ROMs?

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Resurrecting this thread because the question relates to the DDCC-1.  I was poking around tonight and found a few subprograms in the DSR, including DIR.  Guess what happens when I type CALL DIR(1) !!

I cannot find that documented, so I wonder if that is in the original DSR or if it is part of the 80-track ROMs?

I do think it's part of the 80 track upgrade.  I pulled out my original DDCC-1 manual and there is no mention of it.

The DDCC-1 offers CALL FILES, CALL LLR, CALL ILR, CALL LR, and CALL DIR by its original DSR.

I'm not sure how I learned about them; I got a HFDC before, and maybe I correctly assumed that they would offer the same subprograms. The HFDC manual describes all of them ("Additional commands supported by HFDC").

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mizapf said:

I mentioned that several times ("favorite controller", search the forum for CALL DIR).

Edit: Try it in MAME.

Like sands through the hour glass :)

2 hours ago, mizapf said:

The DDCC-1 offers CALL FILES, CALL LLR, CALL ILR, CALL LR, and CALL DIR by its original DSR.

I'm not sure how I learned about them; I got a HFDC before, and maybe I correctly assumed that they would offer the same subprograms. The HFDC manual describes all of them ("Additional commands supported by HFDC").

Ah, I had not made the connection between the HFDC and the DDCC-1, other than the Geneve docs say the former can handle 1.44MB floppies.  I am going to pull up the docs so I can see what those others do.

I first thought that you can provide a string to CALL DIR in the DDCC-1 (because it did not complain), but in fact it ignores invalid arguments and takes the last drive number that you used.

So when you do a CALL DIR(2), all subsequent CALL DIR("DSK2"), CALL DIR("DSK1"), CALL DIR("WHAT.EVER"), CALL DIR() lists drive 2.

CALL DIR of the HFDC can correctly parse a given path.

3 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Possible.  I have only tried with an actual number and "SCS2" and "SCS2.GAMES".  The latter two return INCORRECT STATEMENT.  It also appears that any error, like a disk not in the drive, returns that error.

I might be misunderstanding what you are attempting, that said the CALL DIR() is specific to the card it is called from, i.e., you cannot catalog a SCSI drive using the HFDC's call DIR subprogram.   The SCSI DSR does not incorporate a CALL DIR into its programming.  :(

It was a wish.  It makes sense to me that you cannot have two DSRs running at the same time.  At least, that is how I see how this would work.

The HFDC manual is interesting, especially the PAB extension for loading into CPU RAM rather than VDP RAM.  I doubt that was ported to the DDCC-1, especially since the documentation is just add-on to the TI controller docs.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

BTW, any idea what the version written on the EPROM could mean

@atrax27407 may know the answer as he has quite an extensive library of EPROMs.  I do not recognize the checksum offhand; so long as it is the most recent 40-track eprom, you should have both 16- and 18-sector/track support. 

One upgrade you may want to consider is the 80-track EPROM, which allows you to also use double sides/double density/80 track disks for up to a maximum of 2880 sectors. 

• Thanks 1