IGNORED

Super Huey - How to get off the ground...

OldAtAtari

Seems like a dumb question, but it also seems like I'm looking a dumb manual.

In flight school, it says to start the engine and then "Increase engine rpm to 1200."

I got the engine started, but I can't figure out how to increase the rpm. It starts at 200 and stays at 200. And I stay grounded. In the navigation section, it says to "press the left controller button and push the directional control... left to increase engine throttle," but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

I got the engine started, but I can't figure out how to increase the rpm.

Right after the engine is started, the screen displays as follows:

post-18-0-74748000-1535793926.png

Note: Engine RPM reads 200 and the option to "Kill Engine" appears.

STEP 1:

Press the Right Button once to opt for not selecting the option "Kill Engine"; rather, engaging manual control:

post-18-0-61923100-1535794190.png

Note: Engine still reads 200 RPM and there is no option on the instrumental panel.

STEP 2:

Hold down the Left Button while holding the Joystick/Gamepad to the Left. Continue doing so until engine RPM reads 1200:

post-18-0-18636100-1535794659.png

Note: If accidentally exceeding 1200 occurs, hold down down the Left Button while holding the Joystick/Gamepad to the Right to decrease the engine RPM.

STEP 3:

Press the Right Button to disengage manual control and turn back on the instrumental panel menu:

post-18-0-08879000-1535794902.png

Note: The options menu displays the last option present prior to engaging manual control. In this case, the option to "Kill Engine" was present.

STEP 4:

Press the Joystick/Gamepad to the Right, changing the option from "Kill Engine" to "Engage Rotor":

post-18-0-92596900-1535795123.png

STEP 5:

Press the Left Button to select "Engage Rotor". After doing so, the Rotor RPM will steadily increase until reaching 120:

post-18-0-61927400-1535803289.png

STEP 6:

Increase Engine RPM to 3500, which, in turn, will increase Rotor RPM to 350. To increase Engine RPM, follow the controller directions under "STEP 1" & "STEP 2" listed earlier:

post-18-0-28851900-1535796195.png

Super Huey is now ready to "Rise to 1000 feet" as indicated in the manual.

post-18-0-93408800-1535797988.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally getting back to this.

Trebor, thank you so much for the detailed instructions! I was totally missing the step where you press the right button to switch back and forth between manual control and the instrument panel. Awkward, for sure, but I guess they had to take certain steps due to the limitation of two buttons. Either way, I'm off the ground now and promptly crashing and burning!

Thanks again, Trebor. (And Crossbow gets an honorable mention. Thanks, Crossbow!)

• Like 2