IGNORED

PS2 Slim's controller won't vibrate

Zap!

I have a PS2 Slim, and none of the games vibrate (and obviously in each game I have it set to vibrate). First I had thought the problem was with my controller, but I just got a brand new Dualshock 2 controller in package, and that won't vibrate either. The problem is in the console itself, as I hear this is relatively common on Slims. So, how do I fix it?

Ok, after doing some research, it's almost certainly a blown fuse. It's a simple fix, and will work if you either bridge it or replace it. Problem is, all of the detailed guides are for the PS2 Fat, and I have the Slim. In the following guide, it tells how to find it. It says:

"5. Once you have done this look around the connector for the Power supply board on the PS2 mother board. You will see a number (maybe around 4 of them all located within 2 inches of the Power supply connector) of fuses with "S7" written on it."

http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244204

However, I don't see anything that says "S7", probably because I have a Slim. Here is a pic I just took. Any idea which one it might be? There are four labeled "F3" but none of them look blown (nor do any others). The power supply connector is in yellow on the bottom right.

post-12488-0-50128100-1535956259_thumb.jpg

I would try simply spraying something like Deoxit into the controller port. Have you put in a 2-player games and tested both controller ports? If a controller port is bad you should be able to change it.

That was a great idea, but sadly the 2nd port won't vibrate either.

• 3 years later...