IGNORED

2018 Homebrew Tournament - Lady Bug - Round 4

LidLikesIntellivision

NOTE TO LidLikesIntellivision: Since Difficulty Switches position has not been specified, I set Left Difficulty to B position (Faster Lady Bug).

Unless otherwise noted, I will use Factory Default (normally Standard skill) and Difficulty Switches set to B / Novice position.

To give frames of reference:

2600 All-Time High Score Club Record (standard skill) - 573,590 by S.BAZ (2014)

Lastest Lady Bug Contest Winner on 2600 HSC - 383,300 by S.BAZ (Ending of the NEW HSC Season 6 - 2017)

NOTE TO LidLikesIntellivision: Since Difficulty Switches position has not been specified, I set Left Difficulty to B position (Faster Lady Bug).

Unless otherwise noted, I will use Factory Default (normally Standard skill) and Difficulty Switches set to B / Novice position.

To give frames of reference:

2600 All-Time High Score Club Record (standard skill) - 573,590 by S.BAZ (2014)

Lastest Lady Bug Contest Winner on 2600 HSC - 383,300 by S.BAZ (Ending of the NEW HSC Season 6 - 2017)

Everyone can play with any defficulty settings. Left B is the better because you move faster, but anyone can choose left difficulty A.

Right difficulty is used to adjust image brightness, so everyone is also free to choose what fits better.

Only 10 points ahead of oyamafamily!

post-32348-0-56854100-1535894602_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Its key one understands the rules in Ladybug, you do get the blue/yellow/red phases? Getting SPECIAL is key to a higher score.

My strategy each screen - at start, clear the center, then when turns blue get all 3 BLUE hearts as quick as possible. Keeping gates uniformly closed/open is a key to wall off baddies, as well as traps to steer them into skulls

I usually go for the blue hearts first to increase the score multiplier and mostly concentrate on getting "Extra". Hadn't tried to get "Special" yet... So that's the way to rack up points. :-D

Everyone should read the manual before playing, a scanned copy can be found here:

https://www.atari2600homebrew.com/ladybug.html

• Like 1

Strategy Tip

The letters are not distributed equally. There are only eight different three letter combinations. Within these the letters appear:

• A, E, T: 4x
  • I, L, P, R, X: 2x
  • C, S: 1x

So when you are going for SPECIAL, make sure that you get the C and S, because these are most scarce. A or E come are in each combination. And the T is overly frequent.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 3

Holy crap thats amazing Oyamafamily! Congrats! Is that 3 veggie Specials? :) The speed must be insane

2 SPECIAL (Veggie Specials) and 3 EXTRA (Lives). At the starting of gameplay, I pressed Reset, Select, Reset, Select... until the appearance of letter S on the Stage 01.

CONCENTRATION is the main key for the later stages.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1