IGNORED

Fujiama 2019 (one week of Atari 8 bit fun)

Mathy

Hello guys (m/f)

It is my great pleasure to announce that Mr. V. has decided that the Fujiama 2019 will last ONE WHOLE WEEK. It will start at midnight between Sunday the 25th and Monday the 26 of August 2019 and will last until Sunday the 1st of September 2019.

Since it will last ONE WHOLE WEEK we hope to see all you people there that until now have always said (or thought) that coming over for just three and a half days just doesn't pay.

As always, the Fujiama 2019 will be held at the Schützenhaus, Schützenhausweg 11, 08485 Lengenfeld, Germany. For a short impression, please visite atarixle's Fujiama page, Krupkaj's parties photos or my meetings page.

Hope to meet you there

Mathy

• Like 4

If I wasn't so adverse to long distance travel, it would be fun to be there, and of course bring some of my Atari goodies for show and tell. I was surprised to see that a round trip ticket from the West coast of the USA to Frankfurt Germany can be had for under $500. Orbitz

• Like 2

Will have to wait until my kids are out of school as my vacation allotment in summer is severely limited due to the seasonal nature of my employer‘s business. Hope there will still be parties like this (and KFest) by then (around 2030).

In the meantime have fun!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hello manterola

Continental Europe is using 230 Volt nowadays. That shouldn't be a problem. But what might be, is that we use a different power plug. But you still have a year to buy a travel adaptor. (If you bring along you own UK power strip, you'll only need one travel adaptor)

Sincerely

Mathy

https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/

We used type C and L.

It looks like I already have the European kind of plug, so I would be good to go(I am crossing my fingers we will have the money and time to go to Europe next summer). I would love to enjoy that barbecue you do...

Friend of mine once tried to fly within Europe while carrying a bunch of arcade parts, PCBs and power supplies. I warned him not to do it, but he insisted.....do I need to explain it took him a lot of time to expain to the security at the airport that he wasnt carrying bombs around ?

I wouldnt bring old style PSUs on a plane, theyre very heavy and clumsy. Why not ask if anyone has some extras, I know I have....

Edited by Level42

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello Steve

A couple of the people you might know:

Red T-shirt with Atari Logo: Yellow_Man

Blue T-Shirt: luckybuck

Black T-shirt: 8bitjunkie

Grey T-Shirt on the right hand side: Bunsen

Barely visible at the bottom: Artax (one of the forces behind SIO2USB (not SIO2PCviaUSB!!!!))

But, are you implying that you do not know my Atari 8 bit meetings page?  :_(

Sincerely

Mathy

Nice to see luckybuck there! Yes I know most of those names (or at least the deeds of those names), and yes I'm familiar with your meetings page, you should name everyone in every photo on that page not just the group photo, it makes it easier for those of us who don't know you all as well as we should because of oceans

Hello Manterola

2 minutes ago, manterola said:

I wish I could visit you guys... sounds like heaven, Atari + Beer + some pork sandwiches....maybe next year.  

Next year the Fujiama will last from Thursday to Sunday, as usual.  This year it'll last a whole week.  Or twice as long.  If you have to travel from afar, like you, traveling costs are relatively high, so the longer you can stay...

Sincerely

Mathy

Hello Steve

1 minute ago, Mr Robot said:

This 800XL has altogether too many things added to it :)

2015451396_Screenshot2019-07-19at16_14_21.jpg.6405222f022f752fc0e18c46ad9fcc86.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, this is HARdwareDoc's 800XL.  The five buttons plus the display above it are part of SIO2SD.  The four buttons with the display above it is part of "Bios4config".  With it, you can switch Stereo (dual POKEY) on and off, choose between IIRC up to 16 OSses, etc.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 3

Hello Steve

15 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

... you should name everyone in every photo on that page not just the group photo, it makes it easier for those of us who don't know you all as well as we should because of oceans

Best way to get to know everybody is to hop on a plane at the end of next month and come over for a week.  We're a nice bunch of people!  You should meet us!

Sincerely

Mathy

PS we don't only play games, some of us fix stuff, some of us write code and our combined knowledge of the Atari 8 bit computer is AWESOME!

• Like 1

Hello Mathy,
the 800XL is not from HardwareDoc, it's mine. Here are some pictures of the Atari. The Covox extension with very clear sound output is under development. With the Bios4Config can select 16 different OS, switch between stereo and mono, the memory expansion as follows configure, 0k, 320k Rambo, 320K Compy, 512K Rambo. If a module is active, the size is displayed, 8k left and right, 16k and Basic.
See you at the meeting.

800XL internal bottom.JPG

800XL Internally top.JPG

800XL.JPG

• Like 9