IGNORED

Fujiama 2019 (one week of Atari 8 bit fun)

Mathy

Two people now have mentioned to me that they are looking forward to meeting me at Fujiama this year so I thought I had better say that I am not going this year, I wish I were but I don't have the resources to get there this year. I'm sorry if I've said something that has given anyone the impression I will be attending this year. 

Please take lots of pics, I'd like to be there and vicariously is the only way I can this year.

• Sad 1

There will be a WUDSN assembly course at the fujiama this year.
(sorry, the spoken language will be german)

Title:
WUDSN assembly course:
Programming a game via cross-assembly on PC / Mac for Atari 8bit home computers

lecturers:
Ingo Boller (1NG) and Thomas Schulz (8Bitjunkie)

Content:
We will work on a (very) small, simple assembly game and we will completely explain and discuss it line per line in every aspect.
We explain the commands of the 6502 micro processor as well as the operation of the WUDSN development interface and of course the features of the Atari. ("Player / missile", character set, joystick query, music, interrupt, etc.)
The participants can deepen their acquired knowledge in their own exercises after each lesson and may fall back on the lecturers.
The aim of the course is that the participants have completely understood the small example and can program their own extensions.

You need:
A reasonably up-to-date notebook / PC running Windows or MacOS.
(please do NOT arrive with an old Windows 95 computer)

Required prior knowledge:
It would be nice if you know already how to hold a joystick correctly...
But you have to understand german language.

Events:
Monday, August 26th, 2019, 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm:
Preparing WUDSN on your laptop incl. short function test and general introduction to the instruction set of the 6502.
Tuesday to Friday: One lesson each from 10:00 am to 12:00 am. After that free practice in the afternoon.

Greetings
1NG and 8Bitjunkie

Titel:
WUDSN Assembler Kurs:
Spiele Cross-Programmierung auf PC/Mac für Atari 8Bit Heimcomputer

Dozenten:
Ingo Boller (1NG) und Thomas Schulz (8Bitjunkie)

Inhalt:
Es wird ein (sehr) kleines, einfaches Assembler Spiel vorgestellt und komplett von vorne bis hinten erklärt und besprochen.
Dabei werden sowohl die Befehle des Microprozessors 6502 erläutert, als auch die Bedienung der WUDSN Entwicklungsoberfläche und natürlich die verwendeten Eigenschaften des Ataris. („Player/Missile“, Zeichensatz, Joystickabfrage, Musik, Interrupt, etc.)
Die Teilnehmer können nach jeder Lerneinheit ihr erworbenes Wissen in eigenen Übungen vertiefen und auf die Dozenten zurückgreifen.
Ziel des Kurses ist es, dass die Teilnehmer das kleine Beispiel komplett verstanden haben und eigene Erweiterungen programmieren können.

Benötigt wird:

Ein halbwegs aktuelles Notebook/PC unter Windows oder MacOS.
(Das uns da aber keiner mit ner alten Windows 95 Mühle oder so ankommt!)   

Benötigte Vorkenntnisse:
Wäre schön, wenn Ihr wisst, wie man einen Joystick korrekt hält.
Den Rest vermitteln wir Euch dann…

Termine:

Montag, 26.August 2019, 15:00 – 18:00 Uhr:  Vorbereitung WUDSN auf Eurem Laptop inkl. kurzem Funktionstest und allgemeine Einführung in den Befehlssatz des 6502.

Dienstag bis Freitag: Jeweils von 10:00 Uhr bis ca. 12:00 Uhr eine Lerneinheit. Danach freies Üben am Nachmittag.

Viele Grüße
1NG and 8Bitjunkie

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I will bring equipment like projector, PA, mixing console, microphone and a videocam (3CCD SD, not FUllHD - hey, we´re still talking retro ;) ) . If I do not get too drunk, I will record the tutorial on video, sound comes separately. If 8BitJunkie is ok with it, we can publish the video as a tutorial later.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, skr said:

I will bring equipment like projector, PA, mixing console, microphone and a videocam (3CCD SD, not FUllHD - hey, we´re still talking retro ;) ) . If I do not get too drunk, I will record the tutorial on video, sound comes separately. If 8BitJunkie is ok with it, we can publish the video as a tutorial later.

yeah, why not?

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Anyone up for doing subtitles?  Curse my mono-linguism (HAHA - did I just invent a word).

I will try to do it, it´s just a matter of time. After the Fujiama I´m in the USA for a few weeks. Maybe that´s a good chance to improve my english skills by doing the subtitles with some help of my host.

• Like 2

My Abbuc membership came through today, so that's a positive. My wife and I have friends in Germany and Vienna and we definitely plan to visit at some point. It might be a couple of years but I will make sure it's when fujiama is on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Checked with Lufthansa, TV is allowed in carry-on luggage, tight squeeze.

Handluggage.thumb.jpg.6d6005c2437e71d5b69ed79dc66fc286.jpg

Atari stock 130XE + Thinkpad into my backpack.

Tomorrow Sunday

10h AM Brussel - Frankfurt, 2 hour wait, Frankfurt - Leipzig, 30 minutes wait, Leipzig train to Zwicksau, 15 min wait, Zwicksau - LengenFeld arrival at 16:30 PM.

Looking forward to it. 

Edited by Lastic
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Lastic said:

Checked with Lufthansa, TV is allowed in carry-on luggage, tight squeeze.

Handluggage.thumb.jpg.6d6005c2437e71d5b69ed79dc66fc286.jpg

Atari stock 130XE + Thinkpad into my backpack.

Tomorrow Sunday

10h AM Brussel - Frankfurt, 2 hour wait, Frankfurt - Leipzig, 30 minutes wait, Leipzig train to Zwicksau, 15 min wait, Zwicksau - LengenFeld arrival at 16:30 PM.

Looking forward to it. 

Class suitcase. The Funai TV is the best digital LCD screen for the Atari. He is the only one who also prints interlace pictures. Latency about 2 to 4ms.  See you at Fujiyama.

I would say it like Gollum, my precious.

Edited by BigBen

22 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello R0ger

Pseudografx, Poison, krupkaj, Fandal, Zdenek B., Bohdan M. and you.  Fandal and krupkaj from Thursday.  Are my expectations too high or ...?

Sincerely

Mathy

Just Bohdan and Zdenek B. from Monday I'm afraid ? The rest from Thursday.

Good luck with the opening !

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ivop said:

Wow, didn't know Germany allowed vanity plates! The first two letters still refer to a city?

Yes, the first letters before the dash (up to three) refer to the city, where HH stands for "Hansestadt Hamburg" (Hanseatic City of Hamburg).

• Like 1