IGNORED

1982 Grover Eprom, Cookie Monster, Monkey Music, Laura Scholl

Ellabellabooks

This was an interesting one. I posted about Laura Scholl and her career on the Fbook group.

Laura Scholl

Assistant Professor of Graphic Design and Digital Art Newman University.

Her story is much more interesting to me than the carts themselves. Graphic design/Computer graphics, art direction on movies. Plus we see some history on someone that we may not have if these carts didn't surface. It would have been nice to see the inside of the carts or the gameplay. Maybe the buyer will be in the community and can shed some light on them.

https://www.studiolaurascholl.com/bio/

They went for a bit more than I thought. I figured $600 maybe 800.

This was an interesting one. I posted about Laura Scholl and her career on the Fbook group.

Laura Scholl

Assistant Professor of Graphic Design and Digital Art Newman University.

Her story is much more interesting to me than the carts themselves. Graphic design/Computer graphics, art direction on movies. Plus we see some history on someone that we may not have if these carts didn't surface. It would have been nice to see the inside of the carts or the gameplay. Maybe the buyer will be in the community and can shed some light on them.

https://www.studiolaurascholl.com/bio/

They went for a bit more than I thought. I figured $600 maybe 800.

The person who won these is very active in the community. If there is anything unique it will be made known.

Hello Everybody, the image below comes from the color palette cart. What do you think? It is the only image that appears after playing around with the joystick.

Eh... colors?

Reminds me of this one:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-colors_19786.html

And the still undumped:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-color-bars_31509.html

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I have got the impression that Laura Scholl programmed the one Wonder posted on her own while working on games for Atari.

Hello Everybody, the image below comes from the color palette cart. What do you think? It is the only image that appears after playing around with the joystick.

Is a test diagnostic cart? Cant see much else reason for it?

Forgot to say but thank you for sharing it.

Edited by Foxsolo2000

I have a theory...

OK, so we know she was actively working on & programming the Grovers Music Maker game. Which is a very niche genre. Not just in being a kids series game mind you, but also because it was sound / music related.

Add to that the fact that it is usually artistically inclined & talented people that are drawn to art & music, etc.

Therefore it makes it logical to assume that she was experimenting with the systems color palette, perhaps as an initial idea or step, for what was eventually going to be another kids or niche game about art; like a drawing or coloring game. Maybe some memory matching thing, etc.

Basically, another kids series game.

The Monkey Music proto is the first version of the Grover game as documented on the Atari Protos website. The other two protos are the same versions as indicated on the aforementioned website. The Atari 2600 unit and its accessories including the proto carts were owned by Laura so all of the items from the eBay auction are more valuable if kept together.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...