IGNORED

Moon Patrol body shop !

TIX

I would love to know how you know the hex code for the color. If you could please share that trick. :)

Here is what I know so far in exchange for the above....

post-4709-0-98553000-1538763458.png

What you see before and after the highlighted "76" (original color of the rover in the beginner levels) are color codes for all sorts of things. As you can see "A8" is also among them. Try some of those codes and see if that is the explosion color.

In that bank I was able to change the background colors too, and a few other things.

Edited by doctorclu

Hello again, back to our business :-D ,

once again I'm trying to design a better (closer to the arcade) buggy ,

I am pretty pleased with the following, complete with big independently moving wheels !!

Several variations of this particular design are ready to review and choose the best..

In the meantime check out the following comparison shot (If you squint they look preeety close) :P

and the binary (older version of the hack).

Tell me what you think.

new buggy-3.bin

post-65-0-41010200-1538925596.jpg

Edited by TIX
  • Like 2

ok

for the fans of full sized (at least Atari original sized) vehicles with correct hit detection I give you the heavy metal tank !! My favorite at the moment !!

It's also the latest version of the hack, with tweaked flying aliens, and new improved tank tracks !!

As I said before, with the current limitations it's very challenging to draw curvy buggies (like the arcade) ,

but on the other hand it's easier to draw more wacky futuristic (2000AD) vehicles :grin:

Enjoy

moon-test-n9 (latest-old color-tank).bin

post-65-0-59646200-1539000322.jpg

• Like 3

Have to think on that. On the ground you could have those mini At-At walkers. You could put in some sand people back around the mountains taking shots!

I'm talking strictly for the flying aliens and maybe for the stationary tanks and the background colors,

I don't have the experience to alter anything else for the time..

FYI: I searched the forums and found a .zip with the fixed sound versions of Gremlins, Moon Patrol, and Mario Brothers. OMG, they sound glorious considering I've dealt with the poor sound versions since the 80s, lol. All 3 games just ratcheted up a notch in quality for me.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/177460-gremlins-with-working-sound/?&p=2213980&hl=fixed%20sound&fromsearch=1&do=findComment&comment=2213980

Success :-D !!!

After almost a month trying to work around the limitations of the original game.. I consider this hack done, (as for what I set out to do) a modest graphic replacement hack..

I never expected to be hooked for so long, drawing and in the same time learning how to use hack-o-matic to see my drawings on screen !! I had so much fun !!

The flying aliens were more straightforward.

But the drawing of the buggy itself evolved in a new hobby of mine,

Sooo I present !! Moon Patrol Arcade !! starring what I consider to be the closest (to the arcade) buggy that can be drawn in game :P !!

But let's not forget the critical turning points of the buggy design,

from the hundreds of buggies I drew, a few stood out and I still love them (I have separate versions of each with different colors of course)

I hope somebody else pick this up and finish the original arcade coloring (doctorclu?), I have left in the original colors, I find them more easy on the eyes.

I will continue with a hack of the hack to turn it into a star wars game.. will see !

Enjoy and share.

post-65-0-96055200-1539363308.jpg

post-65-0-64764200-1539363377.jpg

Moon Patrol Arcade.bin

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Success :-D !!!

After almost a month trying to work around the limitations of the original game.. I consider this hack done, (as for what I set out to do) a modest graphic replacement hack..

I never expected to be hooked for so long, drawing and in the same time learning how to use hack-o-matic to see my drawings on screen !! I had so much fun !!

The flying aliens were more straightforward.

But the drawing of the buggy itself evolved in a new hobby of mine,

Sooo I present !! Moon Patrol Arcade !! starring what I consider to be the closest (to the arcade) buggy that can be drawn in game :P !!

But let's not forget the critical turning points of the buggy design,

from the hundreds of buggies I drew, a few stood out and I still love them (I have separate versions of each with different colors of course)

I hope somebody else pick this up and finish the original arcade coloring (doctorclu?), I have left in the original colors, I find them more easy on the eyes.

I will continue with a hack of the hack to turn it into a star wars game.. will see !

Enjoy and share.

Tried this and all I got was a black screen. Did I do something wrong? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I was using an Atari 5200 with an Atarimax 128 In 1 cart. Wrong bin or setup? Great work and thanks for an help. Dying to try!

This .bin is in cartridge format. For it to work on my modded XBOX running the Atari800 emulator, I have to set the config of the rom as type cartridge, or it will not load. I can also run this directly on my atari 130XE over my sio2pc and APE software boot screen. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...