IGNORED

FS: 1050 disk drives

Keneg

I have two extra 1050 drives I would like to sell because I have one now with a Happy enhancement. I bought both of these from eBay listed as untested for parts or repair. One turned out to work and the other I repaired. The one I repaired has a new pressure pad and 74LS74 chip. Both have been tested using the 1050 diagnostics program as well as testing formatting, writing, reading disks. Tested reading disks formatted with other drives, so alignment should be good. Asking $70 plus shipping for each. I have the shield off the one I worked on. I could install a Happy enhancement in it before putting it back together for an extra $45. If bought as is, I will reinstall the shield.

Edited by Keneg

• 4 months later...

I have two extra 1050 drives I would like to sell because I have one now with a Happy enhancement. I bought both of these from eBay listed as untested for parts or repair. One turned out to work and the other I repaired. The one I repaired has a new pressure pad and 74LS74 chip. Both have been tested using the 1050 diagnostics program as well as testing formatting, writing, reading disks. Tested reading disks formatted with other drives, so alignment should be good. Asking $70 plus shipping for each. I have the shield off the one I worked on. I could install a Happy enhancement in it before putting it back together for an extra $45. If bought as is, I will reinstall the shield.

Do you have the box with styrofoam? Is the drive free of oxidation? Send a pic of the drive... I'd be interested in buying one for $70 (with DOS 2.5 disc, data (SIO) cable, and power supply) plus installing Happy Enhancement $45 and shipping.

/r

Gregory

Also, where is the best source for blank High Density 5.25" Floppy Disks?

What are your recommendations for an SD drive emulator?

/r

Gregory

why would you want High Density |disks with a 1050?

am i missing something?

Also, where is the best source for blank High Density 5.25" Floppy Disks?

What are your recommendations for an SD drive emulator?

/r

Gregory

I use SDrive max. Touch screen and it works fantastic. I also use Ultimate Cart for my ROM and XEX files.