IGNORED

Let's talk temperature

bchamb88

Who has, or knows where I can get some project info on building a thermometer for the TI-99/4A. Does it even exist. I've searched a bit. The C64 has plans for of course the user port but also a version for the joystick port. Might there be some floating around similar for the TI? Maybe uses the RS-232?

Who has, or knows where I can get some project info on building a thermometer for the TI-99/4A. Does it even exist. I've searched a bit. The C64 has plans for of course the user port but also a version for the joystick port. Might there be some floating around similar for the TI? Maybe uses the RS-232?

If you get an I2C thermometer such as https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mcp9808-precision-i2c-temperature-sensor-guide/overview, you could interface it through the joystick port using the circuit and adapting the (assembler) code here: http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#i2c_interface.

• Like 2

Vorticon made a really neat weather station with his TI as the display in his blog << HERE >>.

It's too bad the TI's joystick port in not analog like the early PC's, as it was fairly simple to use the resistance changes by temperature to make a temperature gauge... although it needed to be calibrated to a real thermometer before one could really use it.

I wonder if an A/D converter could be cobbled together to actuate the fire button fast enough for a viable unit?

I think there was one out there that used the MBP card as well. . .as that card has Analog inputs.

I seem to recall that being mentioned before too. Sounds like an expensive and rare option though. Who knows, the time could be right for a cheaper, simple P-Box card or side-car pass-thru unit... IF a couple of projects came into existence with supporting programs to justify the community going for it. I'd probably pop for it just for the novelty aspects. Also, if COREi64 ever comes out with his 3D printed perf board it might make a cool development platform for the projects.

post-45854-0-99387100-1522435007_thumb.j