IGNORED

Play Original SNES Carts on your Nintendo SNES Classic Mini

Just caught THIS video. Not MINE but I thought some might be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imjx66eJvNo

Modern Vintage Gamer
Published on Sep 10, 2018
The classic2magic is a device that connects up to a SNES Classic Mini or NES Classic Mini and allows any region original Super Nintendo or Super Famicom cartridges to play on the SNES Classic. How well does it work? Check out my FULL review!

I'm guessing this is just a ROM dumper that pushes the ROM to the system and not anything else special. Too bad compatibility is on the fritz. It's a neat idea.

I'd be more interested in something like this, which just stores the ROMs and lets the SNES mini play them:

Edited by derFunkenstein
  • Like 1

Umm that first video pretty much spells out why it's not worth it yet sadly, especially if you're a PAL gamer with the breaking up audio probably due to 50 v 60hz going on. Various games randomly don't work, but they do dumps so going through menu hoops you can bother with an emulator and rom dump to play stuff. I think it needs another month to bake in the over before it works right as long as it's not some larger flaw than firmware. It's a great idea if you have that mini and don't have a supernt already.

I like this if it lets me "add" a cart to my snes mini without having to hack it. I could see it being useful, and I wouldn't mind compatibility compromises. Really cool.

It's definitely a hack. In the OP's video, you connect to the SNES mini and then hold reset while turning the console on. That's basically starting it up in "firmware update" mode and a custom kernel is the only possible result.

• Like 2