IGNORED

Spreadsheet for collection control

lazzeri

Hello,

I´ve created an Excel spreadsheet some time ago to organize my Atari 2600 collection (thread can be found here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/280064-atari-2600-games-checklist-excel-file/ )

So I was planning to do the same thing for the Intellivision. Do you guys find it an useful thing? Or I´m just wasting my time? :-D

Here´s what it would eventually do when ready: Games are divided by companies to make it easier for the completionists out there. You can mark if you have a game, manual, box and overlays. Also you can add assorted comments and all extra materials you game have (catalogs, registration and such). If you check a cart it will became light green; If mark a game as complete (cart + box + manual + overlays) it will turn dark green. See pic below.

I´ve also planned to divide games into two distinct categories (when applies): "Original 125 games" and "Repacks".

Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you!

INTV_02.jpg

• Like 6

I use spreadsheets for all of my videogame collections. I find it very useful for tracking what I have and what I am still hunting for. I'm sort'of a spreadsheet nut, I guess. My Intellivision collection spreadsheet tracks all sorts of info like:

• Whether it is the original release Box, Cart, Manual, Overlays, etc.
  • Whether the item is in my hands, on order or I'm still looking for it
  • Title that is a hyperlink to the game's INTV Funhouse page
  • Publisher
  • Year of release
  • Programmer and company
  • Gaming Network (Sports, Action, Arcade, etc.)
  • Version of Box, Cart, Manual, Overlays, etc.
  • Condition of Box, Cart, Manual, Overlays, etc.
  • How many overlays originally came with the game and how many I have with it
  • Catalog version and condition that is included with the game
  • Extras that are with the game (manual addendums, etc.)
  • Type of box (flip-top, flip-bottom, gatefold, Imagic, Sega, Parker Bros., Activision, etc.)
  • My cost for the item, shipping cost and totals
  • A notes field for decribing history related to the game like where I got it, etc.
  • Total number of games, how many I have on hand, how many are in the mail, how many I need.
  • Total costs and averages for each game and shipping of each game
  • Some calculations based on components and their quality to automatcally color the items to signify how complete each item is for my collection

Overkill? No way!

• Like 4

At some point I tried using a mobile phone app for this kind of thing, but gave up - too tedious to maintain.

KylJoy's got a great idea w.r.t. keeping track of useful info like prices, what came with the item, and condition -- something I wish I'd done. (Or maybe not... knowing how much $$$ has been poured into the hobby would likely be depressing.) A few others around here also track expenditures / income (such as it is) from sales / trades.

Though I don't track condition, etc. at INTV Funhouse, there are fields in the database I use for tracking items in my personal collection. That way the data's always backed up offsite. :P

Yours looks a bit more fancy than mine, but Ive tracked my collection for years using individual spreadsheets. I can keep track of my excess inventory in addition to my primary collection. Ive also built in a % complete for each to see how close to 100% I am for carts, boxes, and instructions. Of course everyones definition of complete is different so thats more of a personal setting to each their own I guess.

So here´s the first draft of the spreadsheet: http://www.lazzeri.online/pub/Checklist_Intellivision_v1.xlsx

Halfway trough, "only" missing the Mattel games now. :-D

Please take a look. I´ll hide all the control tags ("TRUE" / "FALSE") later. Also I´ll remove the "Overlay" field on the games that don´t have it packed in.

About original Intellivision games: Should I keep a single list, or group them by series?

Any suggestions? Now´s the time. :-)

Thank you!

Edited by lazzeri
  • Like 2

What about variations, are you doing those?

Sears, Digiplay, Mattel French-Canadian, CBS, Imagic International, Bandai, etc etc

Plus all sorts of Mattel variations...

Way more than 125, more like 500 or so

Not to mention new releases

Probably not. I was planning to list the original 125 + repacks (like Sears). Should stick with USA / NTSC releases.

Variations only matters for a smaller percentage of users. Thats not what Ive planned, I dont even know it enough.

New releases are impossible: It would mean a new spreadsheet version every time someone releases a game - and users having to fill everything from scratch every single time. :D

Well, attached is my hand-made spreadsheet. Columns for count of the various 'bits' of each game, a column for a description of them (to note different variation boxes/manuals,) etc.

At the bottom, a couple auto-calculated that shows how many physical games, how many duplicates, etc, etc.

Note that the system won't let me upload an .xlsx file - it is actually an Excel spreadsheet, not a plain text file. Rename it to put .xlsx on the end, not .txt.

Intellivision Games.txt

I am a big fan of spreadsheet tracking, but didn't really have a plan when I originally started Intellivision collecting. My collection sort of spiraled out of control as my scope creeped. Consequently, my collection isn't well logged and I never kept track of useful details of my acquisitions (original components, condition, price paid, etc). It's a bit of a mess at the moment.

Then I started collecting Wii and Wii U. The Wii game library is substantial, so I started with a plan and used a spreadsheet. I track the following:

Title

Completeness

Included Extras (catalogs, inserts, adverts, etc)

Date of purchase

Price paid

Where I bought it (GameStop, eBay, thrift store, yard sale, etc)

Tested? Yes/No

Cleaned? Yes/No

I'm not sure which is worse, the unknown amount I've invested in Intellivision or the known amount I've invested in Wii :sad: :D

• Like 2