IGNORED

Tetris Ultimate

Rocket Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErLYLS3Io10

These short play sessions were done on my Playstation 4 to demonstrate what the game looks and sounds like. It's not my favorite iteration, but it's pretty solid overall. I haven't tried MP yet.

Is anyone playing Tetris Ultimate? If you have any videos of you playing, please post them here: I'd like to check 'em out. Has anyone seen the latest one, the one that has VR capability? There's a cool video on Youtube of an old classic NES Champion, playing it, and it looks really fun.

• Like 1

It looks interesting, kind of surprised I didn't know about it, or that it also was on 3DS too physical or download as a choice. Seems fairly bare bones but that's not a bad thing, it's Tetris. By the way want another fun one to poke a stick at? Thanks to the blockheads at THQ it was blocked from leaving Japan since they were shoveling that god awful Tetris Worlds at the time, but under Minna no Software on GBA there is a true Tetris game there. Minna no Software Tetris Advance and that one has the classic Gameboy style (but color) mode, and a few others and it's just stunning but so so under the radar for the franchise as it's obscure. Check into it, you maybe surprised.

I saw that video with Trey. I really enjoy watching Classic Tetris World Championships so that was fun to watch. Id love to try this with VR one day.

It was really entertaining to me to watch a champion kick ass with a newer iteration... the VR mode makes me want to finally, possibly get the VR setup, just for that Tetris game. :grin:

It looks interesting, kind of surprised I didn't know about it, or that it also was on 3DS too physical or download as a choice. Seems fairly bare bones but that's not a bad thing, it's Tetris. By the way want another fun one to poke a stick at? Thanks to the blockheads at THQ it was blocked from leaving Japan since they were shoveling that god awful Tetris Worlds at the time, but under Minna no Software on GBA there is a true Tetris game there. Minna no Software Tetris Advance and that one has the classic Gameboy style (but color) mode, and a few others and it's just stunning but so so under the radar for the franchise as it's obscure. Check into it, you maybe surprised.

Thanks for the heads up!

I almost bought it a while back, until I noticed they managed to add DLC to tetris. Simple game mode variations. So I spent my money on something else.

No kiddin'... :( That's lame. I was wondering why it didn't have as many options as the PS3 iteration has. :skull: DLC is dumb.

• 1 month later...

IMO the Nintendo-branded (not Tengen) NES Tetris is the definitive one for me. Super Tetris for the PC is close second.

Indeed. Not to disparage the Tengen one, but I think it gets a little too much shine (seriously, is the 2-player mode the only consideration?). The Nintendo one is fantastic and the Gameboy version specifically is *the* tetris.

I don't think very highly of the NES version from Nintendo, never have. I found the GB game to be the better product, and for the NES, I actually keep the Tengen release around as it's more interesting too.

The one thing I found fascinating was the recent find that the Nintendo made release had a 2P mode planned and mostly coded into the game, but then buried. Someone hacked it active then added the missing needed visuals to get it up and rolling with a pretty nice hack you can grab an IPS patch for.