IGNORED

The 2018 Atari Awards!

ZeroPage Homebrew

Was cool to see myself on the hack list! :D

About Miner 2049er which says this:

"Miner 2049er Faster (Miner 2049er hack) by “doctorclu”"

Actually was a product of efforts of Thomas Jentzsch (the speed up hack), OmegaMatrix (reset bug fix), and myself (sprite hack). I just combined the efforts of all three versions into one.

Would like to see more about Battlestar Galactica NEO being a BSG fan. Be interesting to see what different directions he took the Space Attack hack from the one I did. Could someone provide a link of where to find it?

Shame Bubsy: Kitt'N Kaboodle was mostly done by December 24th (2017) with the Holiday Special. I did more Fast Eddie hacking in 2018, but that was mainly on the Vic-20, and C=64.

Will be curious if Atari 800 and 5200 hacks make it on the list eventually.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

Was cool to see myself on the hack list! :D

About Miner 2049er which says this:

"Miner 2049er Faster (Miner 2049er hack) by “doctorclu”"

Actually was a product of efforts of Thomas Jentzsch (the speed up hack), OmegaMatrix (reset bug fix), and myself (sprite hack). I just combined the efforts of all three versions into one.

Would like to see more about Battlestar Galactica NEO being a BSG fan. Be interesting to see what different directions he took the Space Attack hack from the one I did. Could someone provide a link of where to find it?

Shame Bubsy: Kitt'N Kaboodle was mostly done by December 24th (2017) with the Holiday Special. I did more Fast Eddie hacking in 2018, but that was mainly on the Vic-20, and C=64.

Will be curious if Atari 800 and 5200 hacks make it on the list eventually.

I fixed the credits for that hack - thanks.

PM'd you with the info on the BG hack.

If someone else is willing to work on 5200, 7800, Jag, 800, Lynx, etc homebrews and hacks, they are welcomed to. My speciality (and James') is the 2600.

• Like 2

But the recent spate of coprocessors on the cartridge is definitely Not a level playing field. You can't fairly compare a game with an on board high speed Arm chip doing bus stuffing and other computational assists to a vanilla game limited to just the 6507 and what it can do. Those should be two distinct categories at least.

X2, memory should also be a category - does the game run in 4K or 32K? Does it use an 8-bit or a 32-bit CPU?

Players were more cognizant when the hardware was contemporary; in the Atari Pong Challenge 32-bit games were poised as Atari 2600 games with similarly inspired details of emulated Atari 2600 block graphics on Ghz systems.

To me those were strange productions but they should also be allowed here and would be pretty interesting to compare!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

THE 2018 ATARI AWARDS!

presented by

ZeroPage Homebrew, The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion and AtariAge

(note: List is a living document and may not be 100% accurate, please let us know if you spot any issues)

attachicon.gifAtari Awards 2018-Logo 4-Medium.png

The list has been updated as of this morning!

• Like 2

We should totally partner on this and make it happen.

You're too late, as there is a big team working on this already. AFAIK the storyboards are all done and people are working on the countdown timer in QBasic.

:-)

Thanks for the link to the KR2600 thread, Thomas. It's a funny story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...