Jump to content
johnnywc

Wizard of Wor Arcade - reboot

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, MissCommand said:

  Is the latest ROM supposed to have the voices? I don't have any on mine.

Do you have an Atarivox plugged in?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 10:23 PM, Jstick said:

Do you have an Atarivox plugged in?

Yes, the voice is playing on the first ROM he posted. I noticed the gameplay video that DVDFever posted does not have the voices either, so I guess it is disabled in the latest ROM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vox+ is playing voices for me. I played up to 2-3 levels without the Vox+ starting to glitch. I didn't have time to play longer. But the Vox works fine on my Harmony Encore via 7800 & Vox+ on the 20190812 version of the rom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, groundtrooper said:

Vox+ is playing voices for me. I played up to 2-3 levels without the Vox+ starting to glitch. I didn't have time to play longer. But the Vox works fine on my Harmony Encore via 7800 & Vox+ on the 20190812 version of the rom. 

  Doh... thanks Groundtrooper.  You got me to thinking about me using an emulator... 😜  I had forgot to set the second port to AtariVox.  All is good now. 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, MissCommand said:

Yes, the voice is playing on the first ROM he posted. I noticed the gameplay video that DVDFever posted does not have the voices either, so I guess it is disabled in the latest ROM.

I'm just playing it on Stella. Is there a way to access it through that? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DVDfever said:

I'm just playing it on Stella. Is there a way to access it through that? Thanks.

 

No, you do have to have an AtariVox for the voices. I have mine hooked up through a 9-Pin/USB converter and my computer speakers have an audio mix in for the AtariVox out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A real AtariVox is required for sound/voices, since the chip that does it is proprietary, and we cannot duplicate its behaviour in Stella.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stephena said:

A real AtariVox is required for sound/voices, since the chip that does it is proprietary, and we cannot duplicate its behaviour in Stella.

This may sound crazy, but does the AtariVox, AtariVox+ voice work with any of the 2600daptors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Swami said:

This may sound crazy, but does the AtariVox, AtariVox+ voice work with any of the 2600daptors?

You should speak with @dualcam (creator of the 2600-daptor, http://www.2600-daptor.com), but I'm pretty sure it's only the D9, and possibly the version II.  But don't quote me on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stephena said:

You should speak with @dualcam (creator of the 2600-daptor, http://www.2600-daptor.com), but I'm pretty sure it's only the D9, and possibly the version II.  But don't quote me on that.

 

Actually, it's the "2600 II" that supports the AtariVOX, and it requires a special firmware that makes it only usable with the AtariVOX (not other controllers). I have one, and have successfully used it with my AtariVOX+.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I also use the 2600II for my AtariVox+... the special firmware allows it be seen as a COM port on your computer which Stella can connect with. The 2600II can also be reflashed online so it can be used with a joystick/controller.

Edited by MissCommand
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MissCommand said:

Yes, I also use the 2600II for my AtariVox+... the special firmware allows it be seen as a COM port on your computer which Stella can connect with. The 2600II can also be reflashed online so it can be used with a joystick/controller.

Right ... flashing it for use with the AtatiVOX isn't a one-way trip. I was just trying to say it couldn't be used for both functions at the same time. I personally have two so that I can use one for controllers, and the other for the AtariVOX.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Swami said:

This may sound crazy, but does the AtariVox, AtariVox+ voice work with any of the 2600daptors?

Yes, as already posted there is a firmware for the 2600 II to turn it into an AtariVox adapter.  I have ported the code over to the D9, but there is a problem with the interface for the AtariVox's I2C EEPROM that I have yet to look into.  Probably be winter before I get to that.

 

Tom

http://2600-daptor.com/

Edited by dualcam
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Richard H. said:

Demo doesn't work on my UNO cart. Anyone know why ?

 

Hi Richard,

 

I don't believe any CDF/DPC+ games run on the UNO cart (Draconian, Mappy, Scramble, Galaga, etc.) but I believe someone in the UNO cart community may be working on that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a peak at the boxes for Wizard of Wor Arcade. Dave Dries did a stupendous job with this artwork and design!!

 

 

WizardOfWorArcade_Box_Front.jpg WizardOfWorArcade_Box_Back.jpg

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Albert said:

Here's a peak at the boxes for Wizard of Wor Arcade. Dave Dries did a stupendous job with this artwork and design!!

 

WizardOfWorArcade_Box_Front.jpgWizardOfWorArcade_Box_Back.jpg

WOW! Just WOW! pun intended I guess. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Albert said:

Here's a peak at the boxes for Wizard of Wor Arcade. Dave Dries did a stupendous job with this artwork and design!!

 

 

WizardOfWorArcade_Box_Front.jpg WizardOfWorArcade_Box_Back.jpg

Holy shit. That is a work of art.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Isaiah Austin said:

Amazing! One of the best box artwork designs I've ever seen! Will the cartridge label look the same?

Similar, yes.  :)

 

 ..Al

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Albert said:

Here's a peak at the boxes for Wizard of Wor Arcade. Dave Dries did a stupendous job with this artwork and design!!

 

 

WizardOfWorArcade_Box_Front.jpg WizardOfWorArcade_Box_Back.jpg

I've seen better.

 

Just kidding. That fucking rocks!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that is one awesome box design!  Fantastic art!  Fitting for the fantastic games the box houses.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truly amazing art!  @Albert I call dibs on the poster that will certainly be on display at PRGE.😊

 

<Edit> @johnnywc Is there an ETA for the QuadTari adapter?  Man I can't wait for PRGE...56 days and counting.

Edited by sramirez2008
QuadTari
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...