johnnywc

Wizard of Wor Arcade - reboot

On 8/13/2019 at 10:23 PM, Jstick said:

Do you have an Atarivox plugged in?

Yes, the voice is playing on the first ROM he posted. I noticed the gameplay video that DVDFever posted does not have the voices either, so I guess it is disabled in the latest ROM.

Vox+ is playing voices for me. I played up to 2-3 levels without the Vox+ starting to glitch. I didn't have time to play longer. But the Vox works fine on my Harmony Encore via 7800 & Vox+ on the 20190812 version of the rom. 

1 hour ago, groundtrooper said:

Vox+ is playing voices for me. I played up to 2-3 levels without the Vox+ starting to glitch. I didn't have time to play longer. But the Vox works fine on my Harmony Encore via 7800 & Vox+ on the 20190812 version of the rom. 

Doh... thanks Groundtrooper.  You got me to thinking about me using an emulator... 😜  I had forgot to set the second port to AtariVox.  All is good now. 😀

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, MissCommand said:

Yes, the voice is playing on the first ROM he posted. I noticed the gameplay video that DVDFever posted does not have the voices either, so I guess it is disabled in the latest ROM.

I'm just playing it on Stella. Is there a way to access it through that? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, DVDfever said:

I'm just playing it on Stella. Is there a way to access it through that? Thanks.

No, you do have to have an AtariVox for the voices. I have mine hooked up through a 9-Pin/USB converter and my computer speakers have an audio mix in for the AtariVox out.