johnnywc

Wizard of Wor Arcade - reboot

On 2/9/2020 at 12:40 AM, chewy said:

i noticed on the update before last when i last rocked this (which i will again soon)- that it only works w/ joystick and not Sega controller.  I was wondering if that was intentional, since most games usually are compatible w/ both- its forces me to use the joystick, and hey, out of ALLLLLLLL atari games, **THIS** prob is the one i prob most should be playing w/ my dusty ol Tac-2 joystick-- so yea just wondering k!

Hello there!

Hmmm, we have tested Wizard of Wor Arcade with many controllers, including the Sega Genesis pad, and it worked well in all our tests.  Are you seeing any messages on startup that may indicate the issue?  We do have auto-detection routines for the QUADTARI (not available yet) that may be causing an issue with Sega Genesis pad detection.

Any info is appreciated!

1 hour ago, johnnywc said:

Hello there!

Yes, we are planning on selling a retail version of the ROM sometime in the near future on our website (www.champ.games) and/or right here on Atari Age. :) 

Also, please consider offering a no-box option...and soon. Mappy took almost year!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StephenJ said:

Also, please consider offering a no-box option...and soon. Mappy took almost year!

Hello there!  I understand your desire about having a no-box option.  @Albert at Atari Age makes all decisions based on whether to offer a no-box option, and that is usually determined by how many boxed copies are sold so he has an opportunity to recoup some of the investment needed to print a boxed version at a reasonable price.  Hopefully if WoW sells well enough he'll be able to offer a no-box version sooner than later! 🤞

• Like 1

19 hours ago, johnnywc said:

Hello there!

Yes, we are planning on selling a retail version of the ROM sometime in the near future on our website (www.champ.games) and/or right here on Atari Age. :) 

I'd gladly pay for a ROM.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

This game looks amazing! I cannot believe what people can do on the 2600.

In fact I just bought a 2600 again yesterday after not having one for many, many years, and would love the option to buy a rom of this incredible game to use on a Harmony cart.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 9:52 AM, CrazyChris said:

I'd gladly pay for a ROM.  :thumbsup:

On 6/25/2020 at 8:03 AM, TapperP said:

This game looks amazing! I cannot believe what people can do on the 2600.

Thank you!

On 6/25/2020 at 8:03 AM, TapperP said:

In fact I just bought a 2600 again yesterday after not having one for many, many years, and would love the option to buy a rom of this incredible game to use on a Harmony cart.

@Albert is currently finishing up a feature that will allow developers to see their ROMs right here on AtariAge that should be available soon! :thumbsup:  

• Like 4