IGNORED

Nintendo Direct 9/13/18 - Wow SquareEnix, Ubisoft, Namco, 2K, and more devs

Tanooki

Oh my...I'm not one that uses catch things like 'speechless' really at all, it's rare. But wow, I don't know what to say other than Nintendo has finally got some amazing partners and relationships they've managed after so many years to rebuild. The games you see here in that one direct put the system, the company, in a space they've lacked since the Gamecube if not the SNES era. So much games from all parties popping up that you may in many cases have to pick and chose what to buy or not because of limited time, funds, or both. I've not felt that for like 15 years, it's insane.

For me I'm eyeballing that Capcom bundle, New SMBU (the only one of those that didn't suck feeling like the old mario game physics), Katamari (what?!), Diablo 3, Daemon x Machina, Starlink, FFCC and FF7/9 type stuff, and the drop of FF15 today no less. And this is just me cherrypicking stuff and I've already got 4 games on preorder as it is with amazon before they cut us off (MM11, Dark Souls, Monsterboy, and Tales of Vesperia DE) plus still thinking about Pokemon too.

Ugh and yay?

Just watch this:

If you don't want to watch it all, here's a game list, it's insane, especially for them and for what games there are in it.

Got a favorite from the Direct? Click to it!

- Luigi’s Mansion 3

- Shinya Takahashi Intro

- Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn

- Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey

- Luigi’s Mansion

- YO-KAI WATCH BLASTERS

- Splatoon 2 Ver. 4

- Mega Man 11

- Mario Tennis Aces Ver. 2 Update

- CAPCOM BEAT ‘EM UP BUNDLE

- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

- Katamari Damacy REROLL

- Nintendo Switch Online

- NES Controllers

- Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!

- Diablo III: Eternal Collection

- Ganondorf Transmog + amiibo compatibility

- Super Mario Party

- Town (Working Title)

- Cities: Skylines Nintendo Switch Edition

- DAEMON X MACHINA

- Yoshi’s Crafted World

- Asmodee Digital

- Carcassonne

- The Lord of the Rings: Living Card Game

- Pandemic

- Catan Universe, Munchkin

- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI

- Starlink: Battle for Atlas

- The World Ends With You: Final Remix

- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country

- Coming to Nintendo Switch in 2018: Warframe, Just Dance 2019, FIFA 19, Team Sonic Racing, NBA 2K19, NBA 2k Playgrounds 2, LEGO DC Super-Villiains

- FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition

- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD

- World of Final Fantasy Maxima

- Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!

- Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

- Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X | Final Fantasy X2 HD Remaster

- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Bundle

- Isabelle introduction cinematic

- Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch
  • Like 3

Oh my...I'm not one that uses catch things like 'speechless' really at all, it's rare.

"Holy crap!" was my reaction. Not ashamed to admit, it was almost overwhelming at times. It can easily be seen why Nintendo went hog wild on the NES ROM hosting with the Online plans for their NES library. In harmony with that, the $19.99 individual price ($34.99 family) structure for a year membership to the online service, I thought was very reasonable.

The Switch wireless NES controller was another very nice surprise for me; a pair @$59.99 is sweet.

Love the fact that despite outstanding 3D titles (Zelda, Odyssey) there is still a huge amount of modern day 2D platform support pushing forward. A lot of great releases within the next 18 months. Many of which within the next 6.

So many genres covered from card playing ("Table Top") to sims, to fighters, to classics, platformers, and the number of RPGs...Six final fantasy games making their way over to the Switch on top of other titles like Xenoblade Chron 2.

Really, just "WOW"...such a relative modest platform (A Nintendo Direct segment) to make so many amazing announcements.

People had worried that Nintendo was going to run out of steam after Smash bombed onto the scene along with Pokemon (until the core game of that hit.) Clearly they had a hell of a lot of stuff up their sleeve and this is only what they're sharing now from all parties involved.

I think you're right about the NES stuff. See that clip? River City Ransom, Super Dodgeball, Mighy Bombjack, Ninja Gaiden games, Konami stuff, Capcom games, 1st party games, and more. They got a good set of things already listed and showing off the menu growing into more too so this is something they seem to perhaps be taking very seriously like some Netflix of NES as part of your $20 buy in.

And to think there are a pile of losers I've seen online already mocking the service saying the NES is there and the cheap $20 rate because Nintendo network has sucked, and will continue to suck and be behind. Seems like sour f'ing grapes if anything. They finally have a setup for the stuff others had between multiplayer, voice, lobbies, cloud saving, discounts, freebies of the week/month, and more and for $20 vs $50 a year. Sure they could hose it up, and we'll see in a week, but right now it's looking like it's worth the price definitely.

Also that FF15 game they just upped now for sale is $18 and normally $30. Bought on mobile(ios/android) all chapters involved is a $52 game. Hell of a discount for the debut. I snapped it up, probably the most I've paid yet for a digital game or second most I can't remember. Since we know capcom will cheap out, I'll pay the $20 on that arcade bundle. Lots of nice games there, and finally after 27 years an uncensored version of Final Fight 1 on a Nintendo system outside of Japan (it was not neutered in Japan on GBA in 01.)

• Like 1

Much like they offer for GameCube controllers, I'd rather have seen a Wii Classic Controller USB hub for existing controllers like NES/SNES Classic Edition gamepads. At the very least I hope they offer a standalone controller for $30.

The latest firmware had both NES and SNES gamepad icons which was our first hint of last evening's NES gamepad announcement, so I expect to see a SNES counterpart appear in the months ahead.

And this Capcom collection looks interesting. Is multiplatform and releases on the 18th. Too bad it appears to be a digital exclusive though.

Here's the lineup.

• Armored Warriors
  • Battle Circuit
  • Captain Commando
  • Final Fight
  • Knights of the Round
  • The King of Dragons.
  • Warriors of Fate

This is the first time that Capcom has offered arcade accurate home versions of Armored Warriors, Battle Circuit, and Warriors of Fate. Hopefully we get several more bundles along these lines. An official home release for 1944: The Loop Master, another CPS-2 game, would be especially nice to see in my opinion.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I was utterly blown away by today's direct. If they had shown even half of these games at E3 they would have stolen the show! The whole presentation really ramped my desire for a Switch up to 11, and it was already at about a 9 when NintendoLife announced that Armello is coming to Switch yesterday.

Nintendo is really on a roll all of a sudden, and even though I don't own a Switch yet I'm still excited because my all time favorite Kirby game (Kirby's Epic Yarn) is coming to the 3DS with new content in the not too distant future; and I do have a 3DS. :)

I'd definitely buy that Capcom bundle as a physical release. And man, a new Katamari Damacy?

It's the original PS2 game from what I read. I think Namco is testing the waters on that one bumping it up to HD along with the hd rumble and gyro play popping off the joycons as an option. I only played other peoples copies loved it the most, PSP second, didn't care for the others so I'll take a shot at owning it finally this time.

This doesn't seem very customer-friendly...

Save data stored with Save Data Cloud cannot be kept outside of the duration of your Nintendo Switch Online membership.

Not a major deal, but a lot of gamers do let their paid subscriptions lapse from time to time between renewals. So it's going to catch people out that don't read the fine print but were counting on their saves being secure on Nintendo's servers.

I don't believe Sony or Microsoft do this. I believe cloud saving isn't tied to a subscription on the Xbox One, but it is on the Xbox 360 and on Sony's systems. Neither deletes saves if your paid subscription lapses.

Should at least give customers a 12 month grace period before deletion. Would seem like a fair compromise then between giving customers some flexibility and clearing server space for your paying customers.

Edited by Atariboy