IGNORED

Songbird Lynx games back in stock soon

Songbird

I'm excited to have these in curved lip carts. I just placed an order. I would love to order all six, but I can't afford a purchase that big at this time. I didn't see an option to leave a note. Will all orders be getting curved lip carts (while they're in stock, of course), or do we need to specify that we want that version?

Some people have asked me about discounted international shipping options. As you may know, I always offer flat-rate shipping, so it doesn't matter whether you order 1 game or 10 games, you always know what the shipping price will be. But I also understand the shipping can be high for international customers, especially for small orders.

So, I've got some good news: until the end of October 2018, I will discount international shipping from $40 down to $25 flat-rate for any number of Lynx games you order direct from the Songbird website. To make this work, I will not include the plastic CD jewel cases in your order; you will need to supply your own. Just enter "NO CASES" in the shipping instructions, and I will manually refund $15 to you. You will of course receive the Lynx cartridge and printed CD insert / instructions, just not the plastic case itself.

• Like 1

So, I've got some good news: until the end of October 2018, I will discount international shipping from $40 down to $25 flat-rate for any number of Lynx games you order direct from the Songbird website. To make this work, I will not include the plastic CD jewel cases in your order; you will need to supply your own. Just enter "NO CASES" in the shipping instructions, and I will manually refund $15 to you. You will of course receive the Lynx cartridge and printed CD insert / instructions, just not the plastic case itself.

Is the plastic inside your CD case cut out, or is it the normal one to hold the CD?

"Championship Rally" has arrived! :-D

Today I have fun with the lynx! :rolling:

For the future I hope to have fun with Ultravore! ;)

There is one feature I liked a lot in "Championship Rally". You can tune the cars differently. So if you play with a child or beginner you can give him a better car to make the game more interesting.

• Like 1

Champ Rally is definitely one of my favorite post-Atari Lynx releases. And while (as the publisher) I am biased, it's pretty impressive for a completely hobby-made game. My only contribution was the music, sound f/x, and a couple of menu graphics. Lucien deserves the real credit for the game. :) It has different race tracks, shortcuts, powerups, road hazards, and even AI or ghost cars to race against! Plus I've always been a sucker for overhead racing games since the days of RC Pro-Am on the NES... :D

• Like 2

To make it even simpler for international customers, from now through October 31, flat-rate international shipping has been discounted:

• $20 for Canada
  • $25 worldwide

No discount codes necessary; the Songbird shopping cart has been updated to reflected these prices. And the plastic CD jewel cases will be included with all Songbird Lynx game orders.

Also: I have about 4 each of the Telegames Lynx releases in stock, and a few more Zaku carts too. Not to mention LOOPZ for the Atari Jaguar is now available for pre-order. :) Get them while they're available!

Nice! Ive been agonizing over which two to buy as thats the max I can afford right now. Recommendations? I eventually want them all but are some expected to sell out sooner? Here are the ones Im most interested to play first:

Cybervirus

Double Dragon

Desert Strike

Super Off Road

Desert Strike is great but really hard

Cybervirus is Excellent and definitely one Id say to get first

Havent played the other 2 yet

• Like 1

I have the telegames version of SuperOffRoad and it sucks super bad! The slow down makes it essentially unplayable, I could have shown the one on my rom cart played better. Is the versions from Songbird any different than I would have bought from telegame direct in the past. I have original releases of desert strike and double dragon and they are both a lot of fun. Don't think I have played cybervirus but then again I don't really care much for first person games, I think I played battlewheels for 5 minutes then never played it again.

• 2 weeks later...

While I totally understand the price for a physical copy, covering manufacturing etc., I personally can not justify paying this much for a game (Championship Rally) + shipping I'm basically just curious to try out on my Lynx.

Would you consider offering rom file to play from my Multicard at a reduced price? I think you'll have more people interested in this.

While I totally understand the price for a physical copy, covering manufacturing etc., I personally can not justify paying this much for a game (Championship Rally) + shipping I'm basically just curious to try out on my Lynx.

Would you consider offering rom file to play from my Multicard at a reduced price? I think you'll have more people interested in this.

If you're in the UK Telegames usually have it , currently it's on pre-order. If you buy it and don't like it you'll easily sell it for what you paid.

• 5 months later...