IGNORED

BurgerTime questions

MauAnouk2012

Hi all,

I apologize but I hope to post in the way and in the right place.

I have a question about Burger Time. I am passionate about this game, and I would like to know if by chance versions were made, as well as for Atari 2600, also for Atari 5200 and 7800.

Sure to be in the right place for an answer, thank you in advance.

Another question, if by chance someone has BT to sell CIB I would be very interested in buying.

...sorry for my bad english... :woozy:

Have you a nice day.

No love for the Mattel Aquarius version?! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebf3gzaC1D4

(It may not be the best-looking BurgerTime, but it's grown on me. The gameplay translates to the Aquarius intact, and the Aquarius's character-oriented graphics affect the player's and the enemies' movement in ways that add some interesting strategic approaches to the game.)

I think it's a mistake to be too dismissive of the contemporary arcade ports. The popular opinion seems to be that, since it's much easier now to play the arcade originals via emulation, the conversions that were done for the home consoles and computers of the time have no further value. I still find them to be interesting interpretations of the games that are still enjoyable in their own right. Until Beef Drop came along (RIP Ken Siders), the only way to get the real BurgerTime experience on an Atari system was the 2600 version. Despite the tradeoffs that had to be madedescribed in detail hereI remember having a lot of fun with it, although the version I played the most was the TI 99/4A version.

• Like 2

Well, Burgertime Per se wasn't made for the 5200 or 7800, but a hombrew called Beef Drop, which is Burgertime under a different name was. Beef Drop is a very worthy purchase.

BurgerTime was released for the Intellivision, and then M-Network ported that version to the Atari 2600.

Colecovision also had its own release.

It's officially on 2600, there's a homebrew for 7800 I believe.

It's ugly as sin, but I like the 2600 version. Just like most games it's got it's own quirks, but imo still fun. Game boy (dmg) is my favorite version, and has passwords every four levels iirc.

No way man! ColecoVision version was the best. Way better then Intellivision version. Never understood why so many people raved over it.

And yes, the 2600 version has its merits. I also enjoy it as well. The gameplay is pretty much there, so the fun factor is abundant.

No love for the Mattel Aquarius version?! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebf3gzaC1D4

(It may not be the best-looking BurgerTime, but it's grown on me. The gameplay translates to the Aquarius intact, and the Aquarius's character-oriented graphics affect the player's and the enemies' movement in ways that add some interesting strategic approaches to the game.)

I think it's a mistake to be too dismissive of the contemporary arcade ports. The popular opinion seems to be that, since it's much easier now to play the arcade originals via emulation, the conversions that were done for the home consoles and computers of the time have no further value. I still find them to be interesting interpretations of the games that are still enjoyable in their own right. Until Beef Drop came along (RIP Ken Siders), the only way to get the real BurgerTime experience on an Atari system was the 2600 version. Despite the tradeoffs that had to be made with itdescribed in detail hereI remember having a lot of fun with it, although the version I played the most was the TI 99/4A version.

Then there's this version being made for the 2600: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246769-burgertime-remake-in-progress/

Hi all,

I thank all of you very much for the answers and for the time you have dedicated to me.

Now I have clear ideas. I'll look for a copy of Beef Drop.

If by any chance someone has a copy of BT CIB from M-Network to sell, I would be very interested.

Thanks again.

Have all a nice day.

Edited by MauAnouk2012

It's officially on 2600, there's a homebrew for 7800 I believe.

It's ugly as sin, but I like the 2600 version. Just like most games it's got it's own quirks, but imo still fun. Game boy (dmg) is my favorite version, and has passwords every four levels iirc.

Yes, the 2600 version looks odd, but it plays very well, you are right.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can see in the picture, that looks normal to me. Mattel's cartridges for the Atari 2600 are a little strange: they're actually Intellivision shells with a 2600 "adapter" snapped onto the open end. It's this adapter which holds the circuit board in place with plastic snaps; these are the "teeth" that appear to be biting into the edges of the board on both sides.

• Like 1