IGNORED

Miner 2049er - Miner Alternative Sprite Edition

doctorclu

The Adventures of Bounty Bob, brave Cananian Mountie on the trail of Yukon Yohan.

Bounty Bob, who looks neither like a Mountie, nor like the miner on the box covers and as the title would suggest.

Until now.

With sprite designs by TIX, and sprite hacks by your's truly, I introduce to you the burley Miner 2049er!

Click here to download

Prior revisions and the thread on how this was hacked here

post-4709-0-31473600-1536944368.jpg

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 15

is that a Cananian beard I see? Lol.

This actually looks really good in motion! Will have to download later!

I never did like that weird Umpa Lumpa design the original sprite had. It always looked really creepy and would serve better in a horror game.

The umpa lumpa kinda grew on me as graphics were amazing for the time. And maybe because I had a black and white TV with my Atari 400.

Canadian beard? Sure!!! Was supposed to be red at first but after we changed the colors around to have a white face and suspenders and a blue helmet and pants the layer for red (boots) didn't cover as high as the head. So a blue beard! :D

• Like 1

The umpa lumpa kinda grew on me as graphics were amazing for the time. And maybe because I had a black and white TV with my Atari 400.

Canadian beard? Sure!!! Was supposed to be red at first but after we changed the colors around to have a white face and suspenders and a blue helmet and pants the layer for red (boots) didn't cover as high as the head. So a blue beard! :D

It grew on me a little bit. It was refreshing to see sprites other than stick figures for a change. But at least he looks like a miner now!

Edited by Spike Danton
  • Like 1

Excellent job!

Something you may or may not know. Miner 2049er was released on almost every platform BITD except for the Intellivision, until this year,

Elektronite will be releasing Miner 2049er CIB shrink wrapped for the Intellivison very soon. All 10 original 8-bit levels, the extra Colecovision level, plus 11 new levels created by the original level designer, Curtis. These 11 new levels will be unique to the Intellivision.

You can read about it in this thread

• Like 6

yeah sure, cracked by killboy never ended up in court... and we enjoy his work to this day...

while I am sure you will be selling it, I won't be buying an Intellivision system or the new cartridge.

I doubt it would ever be sold on other systems or the Atari systems either for that matter.

I still find the idea of purchasing a partial stake in a defunct company, from one of it's dead founding members estates, and then assuming everything defacto as If you bought the whole company, though held and owned by other entities along the way quite and interesting and legal mess. I wonder how that is shaking out. I wonder if it will all end up in court again..

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

hold on, I can download some French model pictures and photoshop them next a photoshopped me and paste it up on a dating site... wii wii... It will be on the internet and therefore true... lol :) I get kick out of the commercial everytime I see it..

Ooh - did I hear pretty French model and my wii wii in the same sentence?!?

• Like 2

OMG.....someone killed Good ol Bounty Bob and put an imposter in his place!

The really sad bit is that you got it wrong...

Bounty is NOT a Miner, he is a Mounty, a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (hence the large hat, essential,for the games collision detection).

The Miner pictured on the box is the villain Yukon Yohan !!

http://www.atarimania.com/8bit/files/Miner_2049er.pdf

So this is like putting a Donkey Kong sprite as Jumpman/Mario on the DK game...

Edited by Level42
  • Like 3