IGNORED

Miner 2049er - 5200 - Miner Alternative Sprite Edition

doctorclu

The Adventures of Bounty Bob, brave Cananian Mountie on the trail of Yukon Yohan.

Bounty Bob, who looks neither like a Mountie, nor like the miner on the box covers and as the title would suggest.

Until now.

With sprite designs by TIX, and sprite hacks by your's truly, I introduce to you the burley Miner 2049er!

[Recorded with Atari800 OS X . Atari800OS X has a no sound bug in current revision.]

Miner2049er 5200 AS01.bin

Try it out. Was able to get this to run under Atari800 OSX, but not Altiera for some reason.

Prior revisions and the thread on how this was hacked here

post-4709-0-26340500-1537001297.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Love the changes, I always hated the way Bounty Bob looked on almost every version.. I think the Japanese version is my favorite on my Epoch Super Cassette Vision.

I like the way Bob looks and when he dies it is squish. The Epoch SCV is great, I love that little system with a little library.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 8:22 PM, SpongeDan said:

Sorry for the necropost, but has the original hacker or anyone else looked into altering the sprites in Bounty Bob Strikes Back as well? TIA.

I was glad this resurfaced, as I didn’t know about this hack which frankly made want to play Miner

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 9:22 PM, SpongeDan said:

Sorry for the necropost, but has the original hacker or anyone else looked into altering the sprites in Bounty Bob Strikes Back as well? TIA.

I drew the fresh sprites of Bob, it was my first try in sprite design !

someday I'm planing to revisit this and the sequel.

Edited by TIX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TIX said:

I drew the fresh sprites of Bob, it was my first try in sprite design !

someday I'm planing to revisit this and the sequel.

May I ask if you know if the hack-binary would run as usual if put on a cartridge.

You’re really good at cramming incredible detail into these 8-bit sprites...

...you make them so come alive!

???

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 1:22 PM, SpongeDan said:

I did look at Bounty Bob Strikes Back.   It can be hacked, but they did code that a bit differently.   Sure it could be done, just not exactly the same way as 2049er was hacked.   I poked at it, but then I guess we squirreled and played with Moon Patrol next, with great results!  :)

Was looking at the Epoch version of Miner that was posted above.  That version was really cute!

• Like 1