IGNORED

New Releases from AtariAge at 2018 PRGE!

Albert

I plan on picking up Space Game, Serpintine, Mappy, and Balloon Trip for sure! :lust:

Froggie

Atari 7800

by Matthias Luedtke

While the Atari 7800 had many arcade ports, one notable omission from Atari's lineup was Frogger. Matthias Luedtke sought to remedy that problem, and released his first playable demo of Frogger for the 7800 back in 2005! Since then, the game has evolved into a full-fledged Frogger port, complete with optional POKEY support (via built-in POKEY or through an XM Module) for even better audio!

Your goal in Froggie is to get your frog across all the lanes of traffic, and then safely to the opposite side of a dangerous river! You need to guide your frog to an unoccupied berth at the top of the screen. Once you've done this five times, you'll start on a new level, where greater challenges await!

attachicon.gif7800_Froggie_CartBoxManual.jpg

Add another to my list of must haves. That means at least 5 AA games in my stocking this year. :grin: :thumbsup:

Poor wallet though... :sad:

• Like 2

Some good to great games there. Mappy is the must purchase for me. My only criticism of these games would be Space Game's title. Did they not put any effort into naming it or did they deliberately pick the most generic, boring title they could think of? Because they were being, you know, ironic or something.

RealSports Curling

Atari 5200

by Ryan Witmer

SWEEPING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP
It's the final shot of the 10th end, and as the skip of the national team you've called a great game. The problem is that your opponents have called a better one. You're down by one point, and they've got two scoring rocks, but your best rock is third.
Do you take the safe draw around the left side and force a tie, turning over the hammer to your opponents in the extra end? Or do you go for the risky double-takeout and hope to stick the shooter, winning the game right here?
It's gut-check time and you and your vice exchange only a few words. The decision is made, it's time to win this championship.
You take your position in the hack and clean the final rock. The sweepers are ready, and with a deep breath you take the shot that will make or break your career. It has to get around that center guard and the line looks good, but the shot is too soft!
"HARD!" You and your vice both urge on the sweepers, hoping they can maintain the shot's speed until the moment of impact. It clears the guard by mere millimeters and the line is still true.
With a crash, the rock strikes its target and sticks! The opponent's rock collides into their other scoring rock, clearing both from the house. You've done it, the world championship is yours!
Authentic curling action comes to your Atari 5200 with RealSports Curling! RealSports Curling supports up to 8 players and features a skilled computer opponent. Players must carefully aim and sweep their shots while adjusting to changing strategic situations. Games range in length from 1 to 10 ends.

5200_RealSportsCurling_Cart.jpg

title.jpg

team_customization.jpg

shot_weight.jpg

shot_delivery.jpg

shot_curl.jpg

shot_aiming.jpg

end_conclusion.jpg

• Like 7

Loopz

Atari Jaguar

Songbird Productions

Songbird Productions has announced their latest Jaguar game, Loopz! You can get a copy of Loopz at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo at the AtariAge booth before it arrives in the Songbird Productions store.

It's really very simple: you get pieces of different sizes and shapes. Then you have to fit them together to form complete loops. It's so simple, in fact, that most people can easily finish their first session in... oh... five to ten hours.

But by then you're addicted.

Features:

• Three enthralling one-player games
  • Two two-player games involving strategy
  • Ten tortuous levels
  • Two bonus games

LOOPZ will tie you up in knots!

The two-player games feature either cooperative or competitive simultaneous play with a second controller. ProController support is also included. Various skill levels are available to challenge even the most competitive gamer!

Jaguar_Loopz_Boxes.jpg

Jaguar_Loopz_Cart.png

• Like 2

My only criticism of these games would be Space Game's title. Did they not put any effort into naming it or did they deliberately pick the most generic, boring title they could think of? Because they were being, you know, ironic or something.

You mean like choosing "insertclevernamehere" for your online handle?

• Like 7

My only criticism of these games would be Space Game's title. Did they not put any effort into naming it or did they deliberately pick the most generic, boring title they could think of? Because they were being, you know, ironic or something.

It's meant to be mildly funny, much like the movie title "Scary Movie". It seems that some people like it, and some people don't. I like it. :)

• Like 1

It's meant to be mildly funny, much like the movie title "Scary Movie". It seems that some people like it, and some people don't. I like it. :)

If I remember there was an informal poll done by the programmer in the WIP thread. He asked for other suggestions a few were tossed out but I think the overall consensus was that "Space Game" was an excellent tongue in cheek name for the game, and so it just stuck.

• Like 1

I see. I've got some mild flak for my criticism and I was going to go on the defensive with the previous, sarcastic response but your far better response has changed my mind. I shall proceed with greater caution in future if I feel like being critical. Like just don't do it and leave it to others. As the saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say...

• Like 1

I see. I've got some mild flak for my criticism and I was going to go on the defensive with the previous, sarcastic response but your far better response has changed my mind. I shall proceed with greater caution in future if I feel like being critical. Like just don't do it and leave it to others. As the saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say...

I just find it too ironic that "insertclevernamehere" is asking the developers to "insertclevernamehere", as KaeruYojimbo cleverly alluded.

Maybe we could call it "That 70's Space shooter" or would that be too much like the tv show??? :lolblue:

Didn't they make like 5 of those? Then there was Epic Movie, Date movie, Disaster movie, Superhero movie, and others from the same studio.

Yeah, my response was a little sarcastic, but it wasn't meant to throw shade, just to point out the irony of someone using a generic/ironic screenname calling out a developer for using a generic/ironic game title.

I think the name Space Game works. Better to show a sense of humor and be intentionally generic than unintentionally generic (Space Battle, Space Armada, the countless other Space (fill in the blank) games out there).

• Like 2

Yeah, my response was a little sarcastic, but it wasn't meant to throw shade, just to point out the irony of someone using a generic/ironic screenname calling out a developer for using a generic/ironic game title.

I think the name Space Game works. Better to show a sense of humor and be intentionally generic than unintentionally generic (Space Battle, Space Armada, the countless other Space (fill in the blank) games out there).

I kind of see where you're coming from with this irony not just you has pointed out. Yes, I put almost no effort into my screen name. No because you're not comparing apples with apples. It's just a screen name. Not a product I wish to attract customers to. Just as we don't all expect to be expert musicians or great singers ourselves in order to justify being critical of music artists we don't like, I don't see why my screen name should have any bearing either. Now if I was also trying to sell a game with a terrible title and was critical, that would be a different matter. Besides, I have been educated on the reasoning behind the game title now and I get it. I appreciate it more. In fact, there's a strong chance I'll buy a copy when it appears on the atariage store because it looks like my cup of tea. Don't know for sure as I'm only going by the screen shots but if anyone knows a link to a video I can see...I tried googling it but with that generic title, well, kind of difficult to find. Edited by insertclevernamehere

I kind of see where you're coming from with this irony not just you has pointed out. Yes, I put almost no effort into my screen name. No because you're not comparing apples with apples. It's just a screen name. Not a product I wish to attract customers to. Just as we don't all expect to be expert musicians or great singers ourselves in order to justify being critical of music artists we don't like, I don't see why my screen name should have any bearing either. Now if I was also trying to sell a game with a terrible title and was critical, that would be a different matter. Besides, I have been educated on the reasoning behind the game title now and I get it. I appreciate it more. In fact, there's a strong chance I'll buy a copy when it appears on the atariage store because it looks like my cup of tea. Don't know for sure as I'm only going by the screen shots but if anyone knows a link to a video I can see...I tried googling it but with that generic title, well, kind of difficult to find.

Deliberately generic titles have been done for commercial projects and parodies as well. ie, "Scary movie" wasn't scary. I laughed harder that night than I think I ever have at the movies. "That 70s Show" wasn't really made in the 70s.

You get the idea. Nothing wrong with "Space Game." And "insert clever name here" is in fact a clever pun for a username. ;-)