IGNORED

Forza Horizon 4 demo: pretty cool!

digdugnate

For 3 I stopped playing the demos because I know I'm buying the game anyway. Don't have time to play the beginning of the game twice.

I've been hearing only good things. I'm in the minority here, but I wish they would fill the map with less junk to do. 3 was so cluttered I could never get a handle on all the activities.

Edited by DJ Clae
  • Like 1

For 3 I stopped playing the demos because I know I'm buying the game anyway. Don't have time to play the beginning of the game twice.

I've been hearing only good things. I'm in the minority here, but I wish they would fill the map with less junk to do. 3 was so cluttered I could never get a handle on all the activities.

i totally get the time thing for sure- i was kind of annoyed (but not surprised) that once you exit the demo it doesn't save your progress.

personally i could do without all the speed traps and drift zones ;) i just don't enjoy doing that stuff.

The speed traps can be fun when I'm there with the right car and ready to try until I get it. Otherwise I don't want it bugging me on the map all the time. The drift zones can just go to hell.

Honestly, the first Horizon was my favorite partly because the game was so finite. The setting and the length made it best capture the mood of being at a festival. The others are too bloated.

• Like 1

Not worth a new thread, so I thought I'd mention in here that Forza Horizon 2 and all of its DLC gets delisted after today on the Xbox One marketplace (And I imagine the 360 version also is going). Bought Storm Island a couple of hours ago before it disappears from sale.

That's one minor downfall the past two years with this franchise. A new one appears, but an old one disappears at the same time. Forza Horizon for the 360 went when FH3 was released and after this latest delisting, I imagine FH3 will follow when FH5 appears in two years time. Licensing terms must be set at four years.

Not a big deal with the main game since all of these have retail releases, but each game outside of FH2 on the 360 has gotten at least one major expansion pack that has seemed worthwhile.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

ha! this is what i said on the other post, i think. :D

i was one of the suckers that bought the Ultimate Edition so i could play early- i had never done that before and my birthday was upcoming ;) for how much i play these games, i figured that i would break even in the end with two expansions and a buttload of cars. I think that I have something like 25-30 hours already since I picked it up last week.

right now my huge gripe with Horizon 4 is that i'm having a really hard time with the Rally races due to the controls. For grins I turned on assists and set the computer drivers to 'mouth breather' and I'm getting blown out of the water between crazy fast AI cars and the wacky steering.

For some reason I'm awful at this game. Not a fan of the steering in any of the cars,too twitchy for my liking. Also hate the rumble in the game,turned almost off completely it still bothers me. So I did some tweaking and suddenly the game plays allot better for me. Changed the gas and breaking from triggers to A and B on the pad,so it plays like an oldschool racer and for whatever reason I just totally get a really good feel for the gas and braking now. it just flows with me better. Turned on allot of the assists because I was hating the game with the assists off so now its totally arcade type feels and right away it feels like some arcade racer from the Sega days. Amazing how if you tweak enough of the settings you can get a feel for the game just the way you want it to feel. Overall its a nice game but I'd be lieing if I didn't admit I'm burning out on the Horizon series. 3rd game this gen and I think its time to take a break from it for awhile. I'm glad I got it on GamePass,that is one serious service right now. Playing this and the recent release of Doom again,totally worth it for those alone.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol
  • Like 1

it's cool to hear what someone else thinks of the game :) i've been playing it pretty hardcore for the week so i'm slowly getting burned out on it; i'm not quite there yet, tho, lol.

i've been waffling on GamePass so not sure yet how that's going to pan out- concept of 'all-you-can-eat' is pretty cool, but i'm not sure if all the choices of games would be overwhelming to me.

• Like 1

This game is definitely the same game for the 4th time. The loot boxes are actually kinda cool since they can't be bought and I've already got enough cars to drive anyway. I absolutely love the night time graphics in this game on a 65" OLED screen with HDR. They're amazing.

• Like 1