IGNORED

Was there ever an adapter to let you use a Genesis pad on an NES or SNES?

Swami

Even the 6-button genesis pad is one button short for a SNES controller.

Yes, and there is no Start and Select on the console, is there. Actually the plan, if one existed, was to use a genesis port to hook up an Atari/Amiga trackball to the SNES port of the FPGA Colecovision clone I have on the way, but since there is no normal to really make a Genesis pad adapter for the SNES, there is no way to have a working Genesis plug on the CV clone. Although, you could have the start and select buttons on the adapter itself, but I can see how that would probably detract more than using a Genesis pad could add. I can, however use a Playstation 2 controller on the CV clone via its SNES port and a Tototek adapter.

I suppose that is true if the adapter were made for the turbo six button controller. Did any other genesis controller have 8 buttons/mode button except the turbo slow model?

What are you talking about? Never heard of the Mode button? It's on all Genesis/MD 6 button controllers. Look next to the Start button on a Nomad.

You're like all the game developers who didn't use it.

I suppose that is true if the adapter were made for the turbo six button controller. Did any other genesis controller have 8 buttons/mode button except the turbo slow model?

There are several. This one is SNES style, complete with Mode as the equivalent of Select, but you get a quality Genesis style d-pad:

https://segaretro.org/AsciiPad_MD-6