IGNORED

Sheep It Up!

Albert

Sheep It Up!

Atari 2600

by Dr. Ludos

Sheep It Up! is an arcade game where a sheep has to climb up by hanging himself to flying velcro straps. Sheep It Up! will make its debut at the upcoming Portland Retro Gaming Expo next month!
Press the button to jump! While in air, you can use left/right to move the sheep. Jump on the velcro straps (i.e the flying black bars) to move higher and higher. The concept is simple, but the game rapidly gets quite challenging: how high can you climb without falling down?
Sheep It Up! started jumping up on the Game Boy in 2017. Six months later, the creator of the original Game Boy game, Dr. Ludos, started to remake it for the Atari 2600. So now, you can challenge yourself to make a Sheep climb up in the sky with beautiful colors!
The current high score is 28 - can you beat this score during your time at PRGE?
sheepitupcart.jpg
  • Like 8

Hi everyone!

I'm glad you like the preview video, and I hope you'll enjoy the game too when you have the joystick in your hands! :)

@SpiceWare: this TP holder is really cool! The ultimate accessory for sheep fans!

@Atari2600land: Yes, this is port/remake of a GameBoy game I made last year - the cartridge is still available btw (it was not a limited run)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all of you for your support, it's very appreciated!

I'm glad you enjoy the game (even if it's indeed infuriating at times! ;)).

You are all on a very good start (reach 10 points is an achievement, really!), I'm eager to see how high the new record will be!

Protip: a good timing on jumps is often more useful than moving left/right while in air.

• Like 1

I didn't realize until like 2 minutes ago that you can actually tweak your jumping sheep a little to either the left or the right with the joystick. Duh. Up till now I have been playing this as strictly a one button only game. Duh.

We'll be featuring Sheep It Up! on the ZeroPage Homebrew stream tomorrow on Twitch at 6PM PT/9PM ET! Hope everyone can tune in to watch us play!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Games Tomorrow:
Gyvolver (WIP) (2016) by Duane Alan Hahn (Random Terrain)
Sheep It Up! (2018) by Dr. Ludos
Wal-Rush 2: Tick Tusk (2018) by (JWalrus)
Disk Donk (WIP) (2018) by BJ Best (bjbest60)
Dr. Flin and His Pills (2015) by atari2600land

EDIT: Here's the YouTube archive of the show!

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 2

Congrats @bluswimmer for 27, it's very good! I think you'll bet me very soon! :)

Thanks @cimmerian for reviewing the game in the Zero Page Homebrew show.

I just watched the recording, and it's always nice and motivating to see other people enjoy a game you made! :)

And congrats on your 25 points highscore!

I know the game is difficult - I think I was inspired by Flappy Bird (a game that I enjoyed a lot back in 2013) on that point.

My goal was to make players really happy of every score point they earn :).

Edited by drludos
  • Like 1

Thanks drludos, it is a very hard game and I was really amazed I was able to get to 25 points! Thanks for creating the game. :-)

Congrats @bluswimmer for 27, it's very good! I think you'll bet me very soon! icon_smile.gif

Thanks @cimmerian for reviewing the game in the Zero Page Homebrew show.

I just watched the recording, and it's always nice and motivating to see other people enjoy a game you made! icon_smile.gif

And congrats on your 25 points highscore!

I know the game is difficult - I think I was inspired by Flappy Bird (a game that I enjoyed a lot back in 2013) on that point.

My goal was to make players really happy of every score point they earn icon_smile.gif.

• Like 1