IGNORED

Halloween Themed Atari 2600 Homebrew?

ZeroPage Homebrew

Does anybody know of any Halloween themed Atari 2600 homebrew games? I know there are TONS of hacks out there but the only original Halloween themed games I could find are:

I'm asking as I'll be doing a ZeroPage Homebrew show on October 31st and wanted to fill it with great Halloween homebrew.

If you don't know of any others besides those three, please feel free to recommend your favourite Halloween Atari 2600 hacks!

EDIT: Added!

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 1

That's great, thanks atari2600land, I didn't even think about Halloween demo type programs. I'll incorporate this into the show. :-)

I improved upon Happy Halloween with the Video Jack-O-Lantern:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211303-video-jack-o-lantern/

but it's not really a game because it's just a fancy screen.

Happy Halloween is a demo, too.

I wouldn't consider "Happy Halloween" a "demo" as it is an actual "playable" game. The Video Jack-O-Lantern is a demo since its just a title screen.

Chris - would you be going back to it to finish? Last post on 8/23/07, stated that a new bin was coming the next day............. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/108451-happy-halloween-wip/?p=1357397

Does anybody know of any Halloween themed Atari 2600 homebrew games? I know there are TONS of hacks out there but the only original Halloween themed games I could find are:

• Happy Halloween (WIP)
  • Candy Catcher
  • Tyre Trax: Level 4 (WIP)
  • Video Jack-O-Lantern (Demo)

I'm asking as I'll be doing a ZeroPage Homebrew show on October 31st and wanted to fill it with great Halloween homebrew.

If you don't know of any others besides those three, please feel free to recommend your favourite Halloween Atari 2600 hacks!

Unfortunately it seems there aren't any more Halloween homebrews than those i suggested to you a while ago. I was hoping there might be a few more i have overlooked.

You could also add Skeleton+ which is at least somewhat spooky and maybe a few hacks like:

Hell-o-ween

Halloween III

Halloween 4

Pumpkinhead

We really need more Halloween themed homebrews for the 2600. :D

• Like 2

Wow! I didn't know I made that. Unfortunately, I don't have the BAS code, it is long gone on some dead computer laying in a junkyard somewhere.

Fortunately there are a few .bas files posted in your thread. The latest one is from August 13th 2007:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/108451-happy-halloween-wip/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1350895

It's a good concept, with a few more levels and a bit of polish it could be made into a fun to play game. Just sayin'. ;)

Its kind of a stretch, but here are a couple with Halloween elements: Bentley Bears Crystal Quest has skeletons and a witch. Carrot Kingdom has ghosts, killer carrots and dark caverns.

Well have to get the ColecoVision folks to port Jeepers Creepers, Zombie Near and Zombie Incident.

• Like 1

I'm just concentrating on the 2600 for now on the show. I'll be expanding out to homebrews on other platforms later on as I get my systems modded for RGB output, Intellivision will probably be next as I just got the RGB kit in the mail the other day.

A bunch of us did a Happy Halloween demo for the 7800 years ago if that is of any interest to you?

Skeleton+ works for sure, I've added it to the list of Halloween Homebrew!

Unfortunately it seems there aren't any more Halloween homebrews than those i suggested to you a while ago. I was hoping there might be a few more i have overlooked.

You could also add Skeleton+ which is at least somewhat spooky and maybe a few hacks like:

Hell-o-ween

Halloween III

Halloween 4

Pumpkinhead

We really need more Halloween themed homebrews for the 2600. icon_mrgreen.gif

Castle of Doom is definitely right on target for Halloween, I think I will have to branch out to 'spooky' to fill up the list. I've now added it. :-)

If "spooky" counts instead of just specifically Halloween-themed, I think Castle of Doom fits the bill, too.

Thanks grafixbmp, that would be perfect but it needs to be a homebrew game for the show as we only play homebrew. Looks like Texas Chainsaw Massacre came out in 1982/83 during the production run of the console and unfortunately can't be counted as homebrew.

Texas chainsaw massacre.