IGNORED

A complete Newbie gets a TIPI

curtludwig

Hello all,

I've had my TI for about 35 years now, its part of the reason I learned to read, and type for that matter. Sometime in the late '90s I bought a literal pickup truck load of TI stuff...

Anyway recently I got bit by that old bug and picked up a TIPI, RPI and 32k RAM expander and I've been bashing my head against the wall for almost a week now.

To be honest there is exactly 1 thing I want to do, play Tunnels of Doom without waiting 200 seconds for the cassette to load or dragging out the PEB.

So far I'm having no luck. I've gotten a couple of basic programs I downloaded to work (Hero and of course RPS) but none of the editor/assembler things.

Finally I tried writing some basic programs and saving that to the TIPI, I figured if I could get that to work I could load TOD from tape one more time and save to TIPI but alas no luck.

Looking around the stuff I see assumes you already know something. I need TIPI for the complete idiot...

Ok I assume you can load and save to TIPI.XXX from basic no?

Take this dsk image and copy it to your tipi via the web interface or file share.. web interface is HTTP://TIPI:9900

on any PC on the lan that your TIPI is connected too.

This should automatically create a directory called TOD under tipi..so that would be TIPI.TOD.XXXX for the files on the disk.. on the disk you will find these tunnells of doom games

ASSAULT

DOCTOR

K-MART

ORBS

PENNIES

QMMD

QUEST

SPACE/M

STREK

TOMB

the stock ones are PENNIES and QUEST stick the TOD cart in your TI.. select 3 and type TIPI.TOD.PENNIES

That should get be going.. follow this pattern for the other games.. enjoy

ALSO: this disk contains the module and a xb loader so you could map DSK1. on TIPI to TOD and just load from extended basic..

Greg

Tod.dsk

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply.

I've been able to put some basic and xbasic programs on the TIPI and load them but never anything that used Editor/Assembler and I've never been able to save from the TI to the TIPI.

I was with you right up until "This should automatically create a directory called TOD under tipi" which it doesn't instead I see:

29876596757_917337142f_b.jpg

I was under the impression TIPI wouldn't work with DSK files, certainly I've never gotten it to do anything with one.

• Like 1

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply.

I've been able to put some basic and xbasic programs on the TIPI and load them but never anything that used Editor/Assembler and I've never been able to save from the TI to the TIPI.

I was with you right up until "This should automatically create a directory called TOD under tipi" which it doesn't instead I see:

29876596757_917337142f_b.jpg

I was under the impression TIPI wouldn't work with DSK files, certainly I've never gotten it to do anything with one.

have you updated the software on your TIPI? CALL TIPI and if it says press U to upgrade at the top.. do that if you are already on version 1.0betav027 then let me know.. dsk auto-unpack to a folder was added around version 025 or so

Greg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...