IGNORED

Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy Arrive on the Jaguar!

Albert

AtariAge is proud to announce that Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy are coming to the Atari Jaguar! Both of these chart-topping classic games are now available to pre-order in the AtariAge Store. Each game includes a high-quality, professionally printed box, manual and label, and each is being released in limited quantities (300 copies for Defender of the Crown and 250 for Treasure Island Dizzy).

Jaguar_DefenderOfTheCrown_News.jpg Jaguar_TreasureIslandDizzy_News.jpg

Defender of the Crown

IT IS A TIME OF LEGENDS. A time for heroes. A time of bitter strife, when great men rise above their peers to perform great deeds. A chapter of history is in the making.

Your liege the king is dead, the throne vacant. Britain enters a season of destruction, a winter of killing that can end only when the last brave Saxon knight lies dead or the castles of the Normans lie in heaps of rubble, emptied of the foul oppressors that have enslaved your people. It is a time when foreign invaders shall learn truths administered by the shining blades of Saxon swords. It is a time when heroes are made, and legends are born.

Defender of the Crown was Cinemaware's first game, making its debut on the Commodore Amiga back in 1986. A strategy computer game designed by Kellyn Beck, it raised the bar for computer graphics in home computer games. Defender of the Crown would be ported to many computer systems and game consoles over time and has now been realized on the Atari Jaguar.

Treasure Island Dizzy

Dizzy was looking forward to his round-the-world cruise. When he told the other Yolkfolk about the good deal he found, they wondered just what lay ahead of him. Dizzy enjoyed the cruise at first. The captain, Long John Silver, was a lovely old bloke with a kindly manner, good at insulting and degrading the fare paying punters. He was well-balanced -- he had a parrot on one shoulder and a chip on the other.

Dizzy thought he would organize a game of cricket on the aft deck. In a fit of blinding stupidity, he used LJ's spare leg collection as makeshift stumps, and when they ere lost overboard he was made to walk the plank! That was how he came to find himself gently poaching on the silent, sun-kissed beach of a seemingly deserted island...

He had to somehow find a way back to the Yolkfolk and lodge his compensation claim with the travel agent...

Dizzy and The Yolkfolk are characters created by the Oliver Twins, and these characters would appear in many games during the 8 and 16-bit eras. Most of their appearances were in multi-screen platform adventure puzzle games, however, they also appeared in some great arcade games as the title characters.

Slowly, over the course of the series, we learn more about this odd little family and help them out of the tricky situations they find themselves in by visiting the many varied locations of their magical world.

You can learn more about Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy by visiting the AtariAge Store.
  • Like 20

It has been an absolute privilege and honour to have worked on these properties with the full blessings of The Oliver Twins and Cinemaware. It is fantastic to be able to finally share these with the world and I hope you have a blast playing these classic games!

Defender of the Crown has a rich and vibrant soundtrack taken directly from the official DotC audio CD, while Treasure Island Dizzy features not only the Amiga music, but also a work around for the single life that the Olivers' were forced to implement due to lack of time.

• Like 18

Now that we've established that Saturn is a Jaguar hoarder..

You would have to port one of my favorite games to the Jag! I was kind of trying to stay away from some of the ST Ports, since I actually have STs to play them on, but I'll have to order Defender of the Crown. Box looks so nice too!

Defender of the Crown has a rich and vibrant soundtrack taken directly from the official DotC audio CD, while Treasure Island Dizzy features not only the Amiga music, but also a work around for the single life that the Olivers' were forced to implement due to lack of time.

I have questions from french fans : Is it a ST conversion with Amiga sound or not ?

Both games are ported from the ST versions and retain 100% authenticity in game play.

• Like 1

And only yesterday my partner was asking me what I would like for Christmas and as if by magic this turns up today... Only problem is those import charges to the UK when the little green label says $130!... Maybe payment of import charges can be part of my Christmas present too - I can but ask her ;-)

Great work though getting the licences for these - especially Defender of the Crown.

• Like 1

I would just like to add my voice to congratulating all those who have made these possible.

I played both an awful lot as an ST owner and it's a delight to see them getting a new lease of life on the Jaguar.

I'm starting to regret selling my Jaguar these days.

Always marvellous to see likes of Minter,Bitmap Bros and now Cinemaware and Oliver Twins embrace projects like these.

• Like 4

I would just like to add my voice to congratulating all those who have made these possible.

I played both an awful lot as an ST owner and it's a delight to see them getting a new lease of life on the Jaguar.

I'm starting to regret selling my Jaguar these days.

Always marvellous to see likes of Minter,Bitmap Bros and now Cinemaware and Oliver Twins embrace projects like these.

I've never played them before (but have wanted Defender of the Crown since 1986), so am particularly excited about these releases. Perhaps one day we'll see It Came From the Desert ported to the Jag. That one looks like it would be a lot of fun to play.

• Like 3

I loved DOTC on C64 and ST.

ST version arrived after the Amiga version but with enhancements...you can use fire and disease as catapult ammo on the castle siege sequences for example.

In my eyes it's up their with Wings and It Came From....as Cinemaware's finest releases.

Rocket Ranger wasn't bad.

But i never took to Sinbad and S.D.I like i did DOTC.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 2