IGNORED

Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy Arrive on the Jaguar!

Albert

Great job CyranoJ, those games look amazing. I grew up with both of those games and listening to the demo videos sound better than I could have imagined.

I already ordered both,now just have to wait until they are playable on the Jaguar...

I really liked that interaction you had with the Oliver twins about adding that save feature, I hope future releases of older games; developers take a step back and look at ways to make a game more playable or approachable like you did. I think that sort of thoughtfulness is what would make some more frustrating games so much better for everyone.

Thanks again for your great work!!

• Like 4

Thanks again for your great work!!

Thank you for the comment.

One thing I always do with the ports after they get working is look at how to improve them. Sometimes its speed, other times it is multiple audio selections or different control schemes. Obviously, sometimes nothing can be done for various reasons - but the insta-death-one-life always bothered me with this one, and after reading some interviews and discovering that it was supposed to have lives, and the reasoning behind them needing to be removed due to time constraints, I felt it was something that could be changed.

Now, how quickly can you complete it with the minimum number of restores? :D

• Like 1

We should send the Game Sack guys a copy of each game.

What? Those guys HATE the Jaguar. And the Lynx too, for that matter. That's actually the reason why I don't watch their channel anymore. Please don't send them anything Jag related - it will just help them perpetuate the misinformation against the Jag.
  • Like 4

Cool, ordered Defenders of the Crown - an official Jag release, if I understand correct??

A special game, that I don't have on any platform. With short loading time on the Jag, it will be a fantastic game port. Good looking box as well!

(Hope this means one step closer to a Jag port of the "It came from the desert" game/games!!)

• Like 1

A good while back Unseen64 did try and find out how much work was done, if any, to the advertised Sega CD version of Dark Seed, but nothing came of it.

A CD32 magazine had a superb interview with H.R Giger as part of it's coverage:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=59696.0

Talking of mouse based games being ported to the Jaguar. ...

Didn't FTL at 1 point say they hadn't ruled out bringing Dungeon Master II:Skull keep to the Jaguar?

I seem to remember buying it on Mega CD even though i had a Pal machine, just for the music tracks.

Edited by Lost Dragon

The yellow box will likely be a hot ticket item as it will stand out on the shelf!

I ordered 10 extra copies of the boxes. Plan to sell them at $100 each after they do their final run. I'll sell them off slowly one by one in the months following, and it'll cover all my pizza costs for the entire year.

• Like 3

Get another 25 people to do that :)

So, serious question... is there a concern that you guys might not make the volume that you're hoping to reach? Because... I am TOTALLY cool with buying extras and selling them after the fact at absurd and insane prices 5-10 years from now.

The thing is, I stopped buying two copies of every game because I didn't want to be an ass to others in the "community," so to speak. But if I'm being asked to do that... I will totally do that!

So, serious question... is there a concern that you guys might not make the volume that you're hoping to reach? Because... I am TOTALLY cool with buying extras and selling them after the fact at absurd and insane prices 5-10 years from now.

The thing is, I stopped buying two copies of every game because I didn't want to be an ass to others in the "community," so to speak. But if I'm being asked to do that... I will totally do that!

Just joking.... but no, really... no, joking.. :D

• Like 1