IGNORED

Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy Arrive on the Jaguar!

Albert

I am going to order both of them, just waiting for some funds then I will be ordering 100%.

Dizzy was really popular in the UK on the ZX Spectrum and had a recent kickstarter that saw an old title released on the NES

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/47744432/mystery-world-dizzy-a-new-old-game-by-the-oliver-t/description

On that campaign it had 483 backers raising £28,000 to bring it to life as a NES game - I was kind of surprised how few backers that had with it being a NES title as NES games seem to be collected by quite a few retrogamers. However I guess, Dizzy is not a hugely well known I.P outside of the UK.

There's another NES game on Kickstarter now that has raised £73,000 from nearly 2000 backers from a new I.P, but that is one of those top down Zelda type games that always seemed popular on the NES.

I suspect Defender of the Crown will prove the more popular title as so many people 'worldwide' will fondly remember that one - that's to take nothing away from the Dizzy game that looks great, and is something that I remember from my ZX Spectrum days. It will also be fantastic to see another rival to Bubsy and Zool on the Jaguar.

Another wallet busting year of Jagaur games, but I wouldn't want it any other way!

• Like 2

Can't remember if it had NES in its title as they had done one before it:

Dreamworld Pogie - A New Old world Game created by the Oliver Twins

That was for NES too, and was a Oliver Twins (Dizzy guys) title as well. I am not sure if you can pop a 'watch' on kickstarter for certain people doing projects, but if you can't then get on subscriber list over at retrofusion and that is the same person and he will say when he has new items coming on Kickstarter so you don't miss them - they have done 2 NES games so far.

I do love to see what people are doing on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, and have backed a few projects, but have also been glad I have not backed certain projects.

Can't remember if it had NES in its title as they had done one before it:

Dreamworld Pogie - A New Old world Game created by the Oliver Twins

That was for NES too, and was a Oliver Twins (Dizzy guys) title as well. I am not sure if you can pop a 'watch' on kickstarter for certain people doing projects, but if you can't then get on subscriber list over at retrofusion and that is the same person and he will say when he has new items coming on Kickstarter so you don't miss them - they have done 2 NES games so far.

I do love to see what people are doing on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, and have backed a few projects, but have also been glad I have not backed certain projects.

I have it for the 8-Bit NES, but don't remember being that enthralled with it. I got it much later, after the fact... but with the improved Jaguar graphics and sound over the NES... it's something I'll definitely play!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When it comes to Treasure Island Dizzy, I imagine the cart game would be more complete than the st port .abs of TI Dizzy. All i can do in that is go left and right, grab the snorkle, then he commits suicide into the water and that is it. Cannot get anywhere else in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally mustered the funds to make this happen; ordered both with a clear cart. Thanks again to Al, CJ, and all involved in making this happen!

Great, thank you! I've started work on building all the carts for the pre-orders, and still plan on shipping them by mid-November as stated on the pre-order pages. :)

..Al

• Like 3