IGNORED

Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy Arrive on the Jaguar!

Albert

Just purchased both and looking forward to them arriving in the UK - will be a nice Christmas present to myself - thought i would get them while you still have plenty in stock as I know people are still chasing 'Another World' after the limited run (400 in total I think) that was done on that one by RGC... So anyone on the fence about buying these I would recommend getting them as you will constantly read on here about people chasing after copies of Another World, and I think Defender of the Crown in particular might prove similar once they are all gone... You can pop the commission money in my paypal account Albert for the 'scared' surge of buying you may now see lol

• Like 4

AtariAge is proud to announce that Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy are coming to the Atari Jaguar! Both of these chart-topping classic games are now available to pre-order in the AtariAge Store. Each game includes a high-quality, professionally printed box, manual and label, and each is being released in limited quantities (300 copies for Defender of the Crown and 250 for Treasure Island Dizzy).

Defender of the Crown without load times.. yes please!

2227388-richierich.jpg

• Like 2

Is Jaguar Defender of the Crown based on Amiga or Atari ST of the game?

How does one win at joust?

Raid (sword fight), I win, but it's slow, perhaps there is a faster method? I block, then wait for the enemy to raise their non-sword hand twice then I strike and then go back to block. Repeat until you win. The movement of the swordsmen left and right is so slow, but perhaps that is how it is on the original platform this was written for as well.

Played about DotC around 50 times and only got that screen once.

Beat game with all 4 Saxons. Rules are slightly different than C64 version which is what I was use to, given that the game is still fun. I don't think I'll ever figure out joust in this version, but no matter, one can win without that.

• Like 1

Played about DotC around 50 times and only got that screen once.

Beat game with all 4 Saxons. Rules are slightly different than C64 version which is what I was use to, given that the game is still fun. I don't think I'll ever figure out joust in this version, but no matter, one can win without that.

It took a while to work out joust, but I'm about 50% victory now :)

Winning is a lot easier if you start with 4095 Gold ;)

• Like 3

I had an interesting one today. My army lost all soldiers while trying to take some land, I attacked the open land from another Saxon's castle. So anyway, my army returned back to that Saxon castle, not my home castle. From there I tried to return home but could not move due having zero soldiers, then I tried to transfer but not being at my home castle I could not transfer.

I had a fun time beating the Dizzy game. The first time I played I accidentally saved over my save state so I had to start over, but then I was a lot quicker. There was one hidden gold coin that was in a place where I really didn't expect to be able to go.

I was happy to see in the ad that there are plans to make the other Dizzy games. I'll probably try to buy each of them as they come out. I'd love to see someone do a remake of Fantastic Dizzy someday after all these ST ports are released.

I would also love to see more platformers on the Jaguar since it only got 5 official ones. Mr. Nutz 2 would be another computer exclusive title that would be great to see ported.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I had a fun time beating the Dizzy game. The first time I played I accidentally saved over my save state so I had to start over, but then I was a lot quicker. There was one hidden gold coin that was in a place where I really didn't expect to be able to go.

I was happy to see in the ad that there are plans to make the other Dizzy games. I'll probably try to buy each of them as they come out. I'd love to see someone do a remake of Fantastic Dizzy someday after all these ST ports are released.

I would also love to see more platformers on the Jaguar since it only got 5 official ones. Mr. Nutz 2 would be another computer exclusive title that would be great to see ported.

Being an extreme Dizzy nut, I'd LOVE to play this and even do a review video.. but sadly no Jaguar