IGNORED

Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy Arrive on the Jaguar!

Albert

I just ordered Defender of Crown the other day along with the two Dizzy titles... Am looking forward to trying out the new Dizzy game when it is done and dusted and posted out in the coming weeks... Will be a nice little present for myself... I am sure Defender of the Crown will eventually sell out, I bet there will be a final rush when it's announced there down to last 15 or so... Really  looking forward to my games coming, Speedball 2 is next on the agenda when I have some more spare money.

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2019 at 2:33 AM, evisu said:

Ißm more than surprised to see, that there are around 90 copies still available ... months after the release. Expected to see the whole bunch gone in a week or so ... completely overestimated the number of Jag nerds out there :D

I wouldn't mind having  Defender of the Crown, but I can't afford it right now.

That's interesting.  Sometimes the edge connector can have smudges on them from the factory (presumably from handling), but I clean that off when I see it.  Really odd to hear you describe "yellow oil" on the edge connector, though, I've never seen that before!  Glad cleaning it off fixed the issue for you.

..Al

• 1 month later...

I did it...... last week I ordered a copy of DotC from the Atariage store....

We had it on the C64 back in the day, but I never played it.

My brother played it and I remember the music being nice.

I watched some youtube vids, and the game seems interesting but I think that I really have to "learn" this game.

In short: the game appeals to me, but I don`t know what to expect exactly so I am excited to try it out once it`s here?

• 2 months later...

I have played it a few times.

Sometimes I did well, but other times I got defeated very quick.

I plan to spend some time with it in the upcoming weeks, and I need to explore the map and enemies more to know what moves to make.

The messages throughout the game about Sir "what's his name" has been destroyed and other things are important for making decisions and where to go.

The jousting I haven't really figured out, but my impression thus far is that it's game-mechanics are broken, so not much fun at all, unless I am doing something totally wrong.

A dissapointment for me is that the (very nice) music/background sounds is very short during raiding and leaves you swordfighting in silence.

22 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Top left one ;)

So that's Wilfred whose joust attribute is strong, I'll give him a go as I been playing with Geoffrey as he's the only one I can seem to win any raids with.

I'm thinking this is definitely harder than the Amiga and CDTV Versions, it has to be. I just can't seem to pick out any discernable patterns to the sword play.

got my copy in today and so far its awesome! one question tho, I also picked up a PS/2 mouse adapter and my mouse wouldnt work. I looked up the mouse thats pictured with the adapter and it says 5v on the label where my mouse says 12v so is it just the incorrect voltage, or is something else wrong? Im debating getting the other mouse but just wanted to make sure